View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:06   #5
Gadoury

Just an update guys, The steel teeth is leaking air. I removed the piston head. The metal teeth is sliding in " plastic rail " moulded in the piston, but both of those rails broked. From outside the piston, if i push on that teeth part, it's moving !

Gosh, it must had been violent in there...

I'll get my new piston today. All metal teeth.

I'll make the compression test then. The shimming look pretty good already, there's close to no movement of the gears when the gear box is close. not even ratlle sound.

I won't replace any gear as they look perfectly fine now that i cleaned the mess. The are steel gears in this V3 gearbox.

My spring guide is also looking fine, it's an alluminum one with a big ass bearing so the spring can rotate on hitself. same for the piston head.

all my o rings looks good.

The anti-reversal latch first caused me problems as when i opened up my gearbox the first time, it came out so i didn't had the chance to see where it was going. Don't worry, i have the spring for it. after checking on google image, i saw where and how i should put it back.

So, i hope it will take care of the problem and wish it will become more reliable then.