View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2012, 21:20   #1
CrAzy AziAn

ACM Magpul UBR Stock (Replica)

So, this is my first review on anything. I hope its somewhat decent. Anyways...

The Backstory
I wanted a UBR stock for my WE 416. (Thank Pimpmygun.com for that) As I wanted something more then the standard LE Carbine stock. Searching alot, finding Magpul PTS versions, which sell for about $150 and the RS about $250. Didn't like the price of either (being the azian I am) and did research on less expensive reps. Came across the ACM one, which people have said have a buffer tube that fits the WE stock threads. (WAHOO) That being the selling point I ordered one from Airsoftpartshop.ca Bigbuzz666 was kind enough to PM me when he had them in stock and about 10 minutes later it was paid for. And shipped later that day. (Awesome guy)

Unboxing
Shipped Xpresspost on Tuesday April 3rd, and arrived at my door today April 5th, I opened the box. First thing, it was wrapped in newpaper. (Not a problem, its a stock, not your grandma's china collection). WHICH WAS A FINISHED CROSSWORD. (You bastard )

In the box
ACM Magpul UBR stock in Black
GBBR Buffer tube
AEG Buffer tube
Bag of spare screws
Two cheek risers. (Fat and skinny)
Did not come with instructions but thats what Youtube is for

Installation
Follows the same installation as the RS one. The buffer tube screws in perfectly with the stock thread and the molded stop ring stops exactly with the retention button.

The buffer tube is longer then the stock WE one and washers will be required to stop the bolt carrier from getting stuck in the buffer tube!!!

I used 5/16" washers about 10 of them from Home Depot $1.10

Final Summation
If you're looking for a cheaper then real stock, but still think that $150 is a bit much for an airsoft version then the ACM is right up your alley - you cheap mofos

RS = $250
ACM = $60 + $1 in washers

CrAzy AziAn is offline   Reply With Quote