View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2013, 13:00   #82
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by horto View Post
I'm with McKee. Lasers should be banned at games. Not just IR, all lasers. Why? Simple - I have been lased in the eyes too many times at too many different games over the years.

You can keep your fancy nvgs, but fuck off with the lasers. They're MY eyes.

I don't care that some of the ASC population are responsible laser wielders, there are ten times more irresponsible/ignorant players. And you can't fix stupid. Especially not here.

It's a safety issue. The risks outweigh any benefit. Ban them.
Finally, people who share my opinion.

As well as the concerns about eyes there is zero need for a LTD or LAM at an airsoft game, you're engaging targets at 50-100 feet in the best of conditions. The risks far outweigh the benefit of them, keeping in mind, the benefits are nothing more than "cool factor".

In regards to "responsible" users, you're using military technology, none of you are trained to use it. Sure, you might try aim low, but there is always going to be accidents or occasions where you pan the laser and wind up hitting someone in the face. I'm glad having a laser lets you fulfill your inner desire to play out your Task Force Daisychain fantasies, but leave them at home.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote