View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2013, 15:47   #88
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
I'm not sure if you understand how lasers are employed in urban areas if don't consider that to be a valid use of one both in the military and in airsoft. More often then not you are deploying a laser in those situations in real life.

As for the argument I can see both sides of the fence. At Rhino 2 one of the tan players decided to continually hit me in the eyes with his laser even as I was screaming at him to sort his shit out. I have also seen many lasers in games where the rules say dont bring a fucking laser. Its much like a hot gun or a guy using a thunder b.

As Alex says there are certain people I would trust with a laser, who know what they are using and know the safety precautions. There are also a lot of airsofters I wouldn't trust with a whistle.

Even if things are banned people are still retards and will try and circumvent the rules. I think we should just euthanize stupid players :P.

If lasers are banned at a game I am completely cool with that same as if they are allowed to continue. I have no issues walking over and sorting people out. Lasers I see more of something you would see more in a small game where everyone knows each other. Big games with 250 people can be a cluster fuck with regards to safety being ingored.

I spent $4400 dollars on my eyes which was much more then I paid for my laser. My eyes cant be replaced.

I understand exactly how they are employed in reality and training, I have also employed them during training. If this discussion were about the use of lasers during training or operations in a real setting, I wouldn't be chiming in here, but it's not. The difference here is we're throwing 6mm BBs at each other, at a relatively low FPS, supposedly in the name of nothing more than fun. We are not conducting a military operation that requires military technology and we are not trying to put a target down permanently. If you could indicate a legitimate, life or death benefit of these devices for airsoft, not the military, go for it, otherwise they are nothing more than an elitist toy with inherent safety issues.

I also spend $4000 on my eyes, I have no way to guarantee people aren't lazing me with their lasers as I can't see them. Unlike McKee, I don't trust a single person with these devices, none of them have received training on these things, if we're lucky, they MIGHT have glanced in the direction of the manual at some point. Even if they are "responsible", there's nothing stopping them from lazing people unknowingly or by accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horto View Post
... Which is exactly why all lasers should be banned at games.
While I 100% agree, it won't happen, those who have the toys are the ones everyone listens to. They have the money and the toys, so obviously they know more. We all know who they are, and I think we can all agree, their opinions will probably be listened to more than our because they're the ASC "cool kids"
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote