View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2013, 13:06   #21
cetane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
OMG! That thing is awesome. I'm trying to figure it out. You put in silicone oil into the quick disconnect between the torch end and the reservoir with the sighting window? Plug it back together and fill the reservoir by cranking on a tank at the propane torch end holding it upside down? How do you get the mixed gas into your mags? Do you have an adaptor which connects to the upper end to connect a valved adaptor to a 3/4" flanged adaptor to adapt to your mag? Adaptor inception!

It's like I took my entire bin of pneumatic fittings and lego'ed together a 2' extension line.

This contraption of mine came around with me questioning how well silicone oil actually mixes/blends with propane. I was thinking it would be more like oil & water together but it does mix ok and seems to blend in with a little shaking. How I did testing was put oil on top of the ball valve & put a plug over it. Then hook up to propane tank & fill the sight glass resovoir & remove tank. Opening up the ball valve would let the oil run in and I could see what was going on. I dumped & washed out the glass area during my testing. Now when I want to fill oil in gas, I put oil in glass area through ball valve then put tank on inverted and allow propane into glass area. Shake well & stand upright. Most of the time it will all run back into tank. If not, toss tank in freezer for a few min then reconnect and the pressure drop in tank will take it in.

Next trial for me I have some wintergreen oil I'll put in a tank. Then set off a 'nade blank and see how it smells...
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote