View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2016, 01:04   #5
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
No way. No no no.
You should be avoiding these people or running away. If you're close enough to need a stab vest, you're too close. A stab vest won't meaningfully protect you in any way that will help you if you're getting stabbed. It won't make you look tough or prepared. It won't make you look iLoKo!.
Get some decent running shoes and use them to propell yourself into fitness and away from danger.

If you absolutely must have something, buy a low profile stab vest. There are types made to be worn under normal clothing which are used by security personnel. You want something made to do the job you're using it for, or nothing at all.
That said, those things can be dangerous because they can provide a false sense of security. They will not help you in a fight. You'll get stabbed elsewhere, or between plates.
Getting poked means you're already fucked.
Good points on avoidance. However, that doesnt mean that he shouldnt wear one tho. Its just like cars and seatbelts. Sure i can drive safely and defensively, but its still a good idea to have a seat belt on for in case. It wont provide a false sense of security since i already know that although it can save my life, there are still many instances that it will not even matter. As long as Im aware of the limitations of my seatbelt, theres no reason why i cant try to drive safely AND wear a seat belt.