View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2017, 15:54   #5
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by filadz View Post
Aha in sudbury! thanks a lot for the post, but as nobody really plays up here i'd be travelling for games. One last thing, is CB good for backpack/harness etc. I was thinking OD green but it may be too dark, so I think CB would blend with mnost of the above options. Going to explore more of them now that you sent the list! Thanks!
I should be clear, I'm living in Toronto now. I only mentioned Sudbury because I've spent a lot of summers, falls and winters in Sudbury/Capreol area, so I know the difference in terrain/vegetation between Southern and Central/Northern Ontario.

The post above is specific to the fields in and around Toronto (within 1 hour), not Sudbury.

OD would be great in mid to late spring, and early to mid summer. CB works in early spring, and late summer to late fall.

Mostly you generally want to match the overall tone of the rest of your Battledress/BDUs/ACUs.

CB works well with:

Pencott Badlands
Kryptec Highlander
MultiCam
A-TACS AU
MARPAT

OD works well with:

MARPAT (yes, MARPAT works well with both)
Kryptec Mandrake
Pencott Greenzone
A-TACS FG
M81 Woodland
CADPAT
MultiCam Tropic
A-TACS IX

That said, a number of major armies (US and Canada included) are adopting CB as the primary colour of issued LBE because it is versatile and works across spring, summer and fall whereas OD is at its best in mid-late spring to mid-summer. (The US is mostly going CB because it's easiest to over-dye the ineffective UCP scheme that hundreds of thousands of sets of gear were produced in).

Just don't get FDE/DE (Flat Dark Earth) or light tan. Those colours stand out as way too light anywhere in southern Ontario except in indoor fields against unpainted wood.

Last edited by Kozure; May 3rd, 2017 at 16:26..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote