View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:24   #32
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
Umm....do you know how easy it is for TV and movie companies to get all and any manner of real firearms? So assuming the ejecting shells, muzzle flashes, and smoke, as well as the noticeably ammo depleting mags in the guns with transparent magazines (P90, G36 series) I still wont believe that the 3D animators that are doing all this actually pay attention enough to have the shells land where the set directors left them as where the empty casings fall as they fire are where they stay from different angles. Its like when someone said they used airsoft guns on trailer park boys when in many interviews with actors, producers, directors, and the like all say they use real guns with extra loud blanks.
Do you have a clue what you're talking about? I have been a part of movie productions pal, and there's more to it than simple availability. Things like the cost of blanks (sometimes up to $1.00 PER SHOT), insurance, cost of renting the guns, and paying the gun handler to look after them (because a props master doesn't). Besides which, it's been confirmed that Peter Kang supplied TM AEGs to the series.

TPB is quite obviously blank firing; where did I say it wasn't? You may want to rethink your cunning non-sequitur statements through a bit more thoroughly next time.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote