View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2017, 20:42   #7
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
basic fet and rewire is going to help. p90 contacts are getting harder to find so there's no reason not to put in a basic fet.. they're 35$

the motor will not melt with tamiya connectors and 11.1.. the tamiya connectors will melt because of tamiya connectors and 11.1. They are the highest point of resistance, then the trigger contacts.

You still have to hold the trigger down for a full cycle. Most computerized mosfets do not have a cycle complete feature.

Also, you need to educate yourself better. a MOSFET is NOT a fire controller.

A FIRE CONTROLLER is not a MOSFET.

A fire controller and mosfet are two separate things that can be built as one.

There are currently no reliable firecontroller mosfet that fit well in a p90. A gate merf might fit but that thing is huge and doesn't have cycle completion.

If you want to hold the trigger for less time, you need to speed the cycle speed up.
Does have it.

Also, I did not read your thread before replying to your PM.

I would suspect a worn motor. KingArms stock motors are not known to be efficient or reliable. A good high torque neodyme motor would definitely help your issue, regardless if you use 7.4 or 11.1 and a FET or not.

I ran some P90s for a while, and 7.4 should be plenty enough to cycle properly. I also suspect your gun as other issues than Tamiya connector and 9.6v NiMh battery.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote