View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2017, 00:00   #23
Kozure

Quote:
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'd look into an older camouflage pattern, such as woodlands or tiger stripes. The reason? You get access to more games/groups when you have both modern and retro camoes. Whatever people say, those older camoes are still good, and miles better than some patterns that are completely useless in woodlands like Multicam.
I ran a full M81 pattern Woodland set today. Seemed to work pretty well at the Niagara Quartermaster airsoft field, mostly forest with a few built up capture points. I think you have to choose your camo for the season and the terrain... CADPAT is a great pattern for Clarington Woods field, for example, but less effective at others.

I enjoy trying out different patterns for different situations - plus it's fun to not look like everyone else. At the same time, it can be a benefit to not stand out as was pointed out above - if you've done well, you sometimes hear people talking about "that guy in the Russian recon kit" or "the guy in flecktarn is good - hit him hard if you see him".
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote