View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2009, 17:25   #14
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oborous View Post
Ah, I can understand your where you're coming from. However, I have been the guy commanded to search Facebook because some guys in my agency posted training photos/videos that violated OpSec. This was just facebook where the guys were showing the cool shit they just learned, not a place where there is a game played that could benefit from what they just learned. I ended up asking a UC guy what was so dangerous of what I saw, it was a eye opening experience as to what could be gleaned. This isn't just some guy over in afganastan that could get information from these videos, it could be organized crime. (I can't confirm this next sentence) I've been told that in Italy it's all outdoor fields because the government is worried that airsoft could be used for training organized crime.
So this response is a few months late, but I haven't checked this thread and I didn't want you to think that I was trying to bash you personally. I have seen a lot of information and misinformation posted on this forum to earn cool guy points. I have been totally guilty of this at times and to a degree.
I recognize your intention that it is better to be safe than sorry. I supposed my statements had a pejorative edge to them in that it seemed to validate some of that misinformation.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote