View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2013, 16:13   #12
Kos-Mos

The hell are you all talking about!?!?!

Yes, in that order, and yes, that little raised section will fit in the hole of the piston.
It's easier to get a magnetized screw driver, put the screw on it and then stack the bushing/washer/bearing/washer on it. Then insert all that in the piston, and finally place the head on the tip and screw it.

Also, the spring might have denser coils at one tip. That end goes on the spring guide, not inside the piston.
When it's time to close the shell, take a screw driver that fits in the hole at the rear of the spring guide and hold the assembly in place with it.

I have been gundoc for nearly 10 years and I NEVER needed a press to get anything in or out. If you do, you are doing something VERY wrong. Worst that was needed was a punch and a tap from the handle of a large screw driver, not even a hammer.

Finally, the only way to learn is to try. If it breaks, you learn what not to do. If it works, you learn how to do it.

Last edited by Kos-Mos; May 19th, 2013 at 16:18..
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote