View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2011, 15:03   #23
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varjeal View Post
Fair enough I suppose. I guess I'm a bit naive and personally believe those tactics to be less than honorable in what we should all consider a -game- and having to be told to be honorable at the start of every match is a bit well...you get the idea. 'nuff said on my part and I did enjoy the original post. It helped me as a 1st year airsofter and newbie to radio comms to have a good start at learning proper or at least decent radio procedure.

Thanks for that.
Not completely...

What I'm saying is that if it's stated, Don't Do It...then that's one thing. If it's not...then it's not. If in doubt...ask game admin (and do it at the briefing when everyone's there).

There's regularly games here where we have codewords and such so interception of our comms is not such a big deal...sometimes we run codewords/timings/procedures to rotate through secondary/tertiary comm channels to.

Having someone transmit endlessly to "jam" our comms is commonplace...we usually just jump frequencies. Someone will always be on game control channel for safety/etc...either they'll have two radios, a radio that can monitor two channels at once or else they'll buddy up with someone on the team channel so they can be in the know.

To that end...I think that's what Shelledpants meant by adapt or die...he's just a prick though on the weekends
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote