View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2014, 23:05   #3
Combatboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
Honestly kind of not worth it. I've run Pat82 a number of times and while in my mind it's a better piece of kit then the issued tac-vest (ugh) it does have some major draw backs when you try to modernize it. The belt isn't particularly good at distributing the weight, especially when the yoke isn't attached to the top of the load as it does in the original configuration. With the yoke attached to the belt and then pouches added it twists badly.

What is your budget?

The issue with weight isn't that huge. This is just for FTXs, on BFTs and in garrison stuff(morning PT etc) we are still restricted to the issued tac vest. I've got some stuff I will be dropping from my tac vest to the webbing, drop pouch, one point. My budget is only about 100 bucks. I never had much issue with the webbing when I still used it in regular service, just the butt pouch getting in the way of a ruck during extended marches. Personally if I had a complete set I'd probably keep it and just use it, but if I can find better kit that will work with it, instead of buying a full new rigging I'll use what I've got. I only have it at 100 because we're supposed to be getting new chest rigging apparently sometime in 2015(I know some PPCLI already have it) around the same time we're supposed to get the new combat boots. Its just a temp investment to make things slightly easier when I have to get up for a 3am stand too.
Combatboots is offline   Reply With Quote