View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2014, 17:18   #8
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatboots View Post
Hi,

For starters I do not play airsoft, never really had much of interest in it, however, I need your help.

Recently my regiment lifted its ban on non issued tac vests/chest rigging/webbing etc etc. So since I am looking to take advantage of it however I am cheap at the same time I pulled out my old 82 pattern webbing from when I was a reservist. I cannot find anything on any military streams showing any modernization for it. I currently have that butt pack, a canteen holder and a pistol holster that I am simply going to ditch off of it. My mag pouches have disappeared over the years. So since you guys seem to have some ungodly level to equipment that would make bin rats cum buckets, does anyone know if modernization does exist for this?
When you factor in the costs of re-rigging 82 pat to be effective and the possible future costs of replacement/repair with dwindling supplies... I would honestly just look into a Molle "Battle Belt" and suspender setup. Same concept as the '82 kit, but lower profile (allowing donning of a check rig or the tac vest for additional load carriage) and far more durable/modular.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote