Shell looks of great quality, among other things

And what's the price like?
http://www.airsoftstore.ca/index.php...products_id=75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashx View Post
I bought a Lonex drop-in from Stealth (airsoftstore.ca) for 170$ + shipping

I agreed with the AOE correction, I added .05in to mesh perfectly

Pros:
Nice wiring assembly, nice, open bearings, well made gears, reinforced mechbox, nicely shimmed (everybody should check bevel gear shimming even with drop-in mechbox to fit their setup), nice piston. I get nice ROF with 9.6v small nimh. Very silent mechbox paired with Guarder ultimate torque-up motor.

Cons:
I found the air seal of the piston head very horrible, no compression at all (in my complete drop-in mechbox). Even if I did the o-ring enlargement mod (remove it, put it on the cylinder, heat it with lighter, let it cool down), nothing helped. Once I put a silent piston head, air seal was perfect. I found out the external diameter of the piston head is 12.35mm (if I remember correctly) and 12.55mm ish for the no-name silent.

I didn't know for the 440fps lol, I'll downgrade it :P thanks
If you're testing the compression by moving the piston slowly in and out of the cylinder, it'll give the illusion of having bad compression.

Most people test their compression by how well it seals when the piston is slow-moving, but really the piston o-ring expands quite a bit when under pressure. What Lonex has done here has used an o-ring that APPEARS to be poor-sealing but actually seals quite well at mechbox operating speed. To test this you need to force the piston into the cylinder very quickly. The plus side of using this size o-ring is that there is very little excess resistance that would otherwise slow down ROF and decrease FPS.

We swapped out the o-ring with an SHS one and while the static compression improved drastically, we actually got LOWER FPS and ROF than before - presumably due to excess o-ring resistance.

The 440fps number was obtained with the Lonex piston o-ring.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote