View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2013, 15:40   #4
e-luder

Quote:
How many BB's have you put through it? I've seriously been on the fence about this one because of all the reports of it breaking on propane. Could you point out what bits are most likely to break and how to avoid/reinforce?
I lost count. But it's ALOT. at least for a pistol. I never hang to my pistols for long. Either they get sold or traded after a couple of months after the build. But this gun was so good, I decided to keep it in my stable.

There is only really two places that is prone to breakage. The first is that plastic inner slide i mentioned. The other is the two screw casings that bolts the hammer mech to the frame.

these two guys:

In due time they break because of the recoil. The Marui FN5-7 kicks like a mule on propane. The frame can't handle such force. Once those two screw casings bite the dust, the gun can no longer function. The hammer mech will keep popping off the frame.

The only way I see prolonging breakage is to just short stroke the gun. Just to dampen the recoil a little bit. I don't know if there is any other way, to be honest. I haven't really put much effort into looking for a solution for it.

But to be fair, I have put a lot of rounds through this gun before replacing the frame. If you can get a stock frame, I suggest you go with that. I have heard Guarder frames breaking much easier than the stock ones. I only bought the Guarder one because of its availability...

Quote:
Damn, wish mine had all those sexy upgrades. How much did it cost excluding the Guarder frame and slide?
A pack of smokes and 2 Zippos. Belmont. Large kings. /jks

Don't know, to be honest. I wasn't keeping track of a running total. I just "added to shopping cart" even though i probably couldn't afford it at the time.

And let's be honest here. We all fill our online shopping carts FIRST even if we KNOW we can't afford it...

Last edited by e-luder; April 6th, 2013 at 15:48..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote