View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2015, 08:26   #13
EOD Steve

The general rule of thumb you have to ask yourself about Siegetek vs SHS or whatever else is: do you want to gamble with Chinese gears? I've had great success with Siegeteks and one set is going North of 40k rounds now with very minute wear.

The only time I have seen them fail is due to gross installation error or improper parts-matching (VFC lower gear train with Siegetek DSG or some other fucked-up "budget" measure)

SHS piston is fine, but with SHS, you never know if you have a good batch or bad batch, so why gamble? I got tired of going the cheap route and now put Lonex reds into all of my guns. Short of a preengagement event or a jam, I have not been able to destroy one in my high-power testing (540fps+). Pestobanana can comment on durability on high-speed builds.

Back when I was still with the Store, dealing with after-sales support, it became apparent that there was a correlation between the 2-wire method of installing Gate FETs and them blowing up. Not sure if it was due to gross installer error due the the perceived installation difficulty if 1 more wire or something actually electrical, but I never saw merit in the 2 wire method.

The Steve has spoken.

Last edited by EOD Steve; March 30th, 2015 at 08:29..
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote