View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2012, 19:43   #11
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
I did a torture test on a 2009 490 with one of Tack's rewound armatures at Battlefied in July. I put through about 6000 rounds on an M130 with the 9.6v Systema battery, which is arguably the toughest cylinder/voltage combo you can drive with a PTW. I still got about 2500 rounds per battery, which is expected, and considering the batteries are a minimum of 4 years old, not bad.

I ran 5000 rounds of this through the gun within the first 2 hours in semi, and at times the grip was so warm that it was uncomfortable to hold. And the entire time the motor ran like a champ, and a fellow player commented how my gun was so much quieter than his 2012, which packed it in later that game. He was the one with the FCC motor that I installed, and apparently it ran fine all last weekend. But his was the 2.5, or so I have been told, I don't remember what was wrote on it.

I work on motors for a living, and in my experience, noisy has never been good or normal. It usually results in a service call for me.

I look forward to building an FCC gun is winter, we'll seee what Chris comes up with, but that 7.5" Diplomat looks kinky.
Mine ran warm too but not as warm as my Evolution motor which failed after 7 mags, we reattached the connectors but it still wont run, i was actually looking forward to new Systema Evolution stuff but after being miserably dissapointed again I think I'll keep to the FCC stuff. now here is an interesting bit after Tyson mention the buzz feeling on his hands I swapped my grips to a normal Systema OEM grip from the magpul MiAD. the so called buzzing is gone and the sound emited sounded like a normal PTW

Last edited by wildcard; September 4th, 2012 at 19:52..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote