View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2017, 17:14   #7
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Is this story broken or what?
Firstly a 20j legal limit? I mean i guess it could be a thing but why? First who needs a 20j airsoft gun even if for pest control a pellet gun would be beter
Seccondly who is going to lug around 50lb of co2 in a 10-20lb or more tank (60 plus lb total weight) to run a bolt action?
Did this guy have it setup like that or are they just doing their best to try and make the gun do something illegal no matter how impractical?
I think perhaps something is lost in translation.
The gun itself can handle upto 12kg/cm2 and is intended to be propane powered. Are they saying if they run it at twice the reccomended pressure they can achieve this power?
Appatently in Tiwan the limit is 20J/cm2 i dont know the exact calculation but that is not 20j.
For example (from wikki) Japans upper limit is 3.2j/cm2 and China is
"less than 1.8 J/cm2 and greater than 0.16 J/cm2 (equivalent to a single 0.20 gram, 6 mm BB shot out at a muzzle velocity of 21.3 ~ 71.3 m/s or 70 ~ 234 fps, or kinetic energy of 0.045 ~ 0.51 J);"
So something is lost in translation. Perhaps a math savy person can use the above to calculate what 20j/cm2 and 30j/cm2 work out to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote