View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2017, 01:44   #30
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Chrono is done to ensure your gun is below the maximum muzzle energy limit. Spot check is to make sure you're still below the limits.
We don't like guns with adjustable fps, regardless of what the function is, because it represents another variable that we have to be aware of and accountable for.
I don't care if you're adjusting your muzzle energy between 1j and 1.6j in a game with a 1.6j limit, I don't want anyone changing their muzzle energy at all. Because frankly, I just don't trust people with that option.

The issue is not whether YOU are going to raise your muzzle energy over the limits in a game. The issue is that if we allow you to have an adjustable fps, then we have to allow everyone to have adjustable fps. And then someone is going to get the bright idea to joule creep the crap out of their gun or something and jack it up to 600fps in game and shoot through both of someone's cheeks by accident.

There's also the logistical problem of you having to keep multiple weights of ammo on you, changing in between, having to remember there's always 1 BB of the old weight left in your gun.

What Ben's talking about is that if you're adjusting fps at all, we have absolutely no guarantee what so ever that you, or anyone else doing it, isn't raising their guns above the limits. And so having an adjustable fps makes the whole chrono process completely irrelevant.
Rules exist by the lowest common denominator. If we were all good, trustworthy people who didn't want to hurt each other out there, we wouldn't need to chrono at all.

I know you just don't want to hurt people up close, BUT, you don't go to an airsoft game with a 1.6j limit expecting NOT to get shot in CQB at 1.6j. No one's going to get upset about it unless you're over-shooting them.
I've been playing for 12 years, and the 3 times someone's complained about getting shot by a hot gun and had it chrono'd, it was shooting 310, 330, and 360fps. I've played cqb at 420fps for a long time, it's really not so bad.
But if it's really a big concern for you, then just run your gun at 350fps. You won't lose much range coming down from 400 or 420fps.

Last edited by ThunderCactus; January 4th, 2017 at 01:47..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote