View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:32   #13
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Pro-tip on new cyclones, I've noticed every single new grenade has a bit of flashing on the detent where the nub on "base cap" indexes with on the "core". Obviously leftover from the injection molding process. Take an exacto/razer blade and trim it off, helps a bit.

After that, get a bit of silicon oil and lube the rubber seal on the bottom of the "base cap" (yes there's one there, look closely). Attach the "base cap" to the "core" (unprimed of course) and once you manage to rotate the locking ring on, twist the locking ring for a good minute or two to wear it in. After you do that, the locking ring should be much easier to rotate and the base cap should be significantly easier to attach as well.

Seems like the cyclones just need a bit of time to "wear-in"

P.S. - Actually follow the instructions and lube the damn thing. Put a drop or two or spray some silicon into the "core". I've found it helps significantly with activation and successful bb spray.

As for the spoon and pin, its just a physical safety blocking the "activation pin", don't throw the grenade with the spoon, seems like a gimmick to sell the replacement kits. Just tie the pin to the spoon, remove both before throwing. Another option I've been looking into is just sticking a folded up piece of paper between the brass "activation pin" and the side of the hole to hold the pin in place until I'm ready to use it.

Last edited by beta678; May 3rd, 2016 at 01:39..
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote