View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:34   #39
Kingsix

No NOD helmet NOD helmet

Flak vest Type 2. Took the Alice pouches off my webbing to see how it would look. I owned 2 Alice magazine pouches, but I bought 3 off my teammate. I was fretting about what to do with the odd one out, when the thought hit me, I could buy a Flak vest and get 3 more pouches.

Playing around with my new Helmet. JGSDF reserve force soldier.

Disaster relief, earthquake, tsunami, flooding, snowstorm, godzilla attacks you name it we clean it up!

If I where to nitpick. Reserve soldiers usually get issued Type 64 rifles.... Only Top makes them and it was a limited run item + Canadian customs. Means this reservist gets a Type 89 abit with the fancy left hand selector, RIS and IR laser removed LMAFO. A genuine Type 66 helmet was more then I was willing to pay, and the shop that sold it doesn't ship overseas. Using a forwarding service would make it one damn expensive helmet. I settled for a reproduction M1 helmet to stand in for the Type 66. I use a geniune M88 to stand in for the Type 88 helmet anyways, no harm done here.
The helmet was more WW2/Korean style then I anticipated, so new chinstraps need to be ordered.

For the disaster relief soldier impression that was done on a whim I might add. I need to get a energizer hardcase lamp and not a Chinese headlamp. (Although that lamp would be correct for a ROK army impression .
The headlamp needs to be taped on the helmet using OD 100 mile per hour tape...
I also couldn't find my shop goggles which is often used in place of real eye protection.
Heh not going to say anything about the Chicom PLA shovel.....
I need to get a USGI style angle light to clip to the webbing harness. [T][/T]