View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2005, 18:51   #6
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
I wish I could play in a warehouse and just let the shells fall on the floor. That shotshell bag fills up pretty quick. At about 12 shells it's full enough to cause jams occasionally.

I can't wait to field it again. I've had quite a few shotties pass through my collection. I get annoyed at only throwing 3 bbs.

I've also started a CO2 conversion on a M1100 semi auto version. Going to remove the shell loading mechanisms and load from a motorized G3 mag. I've done the pneumatics and they work. It's a tough thing to load a charge of 10x bbs with pneumatics that don't allow firing with a short load. Shooting with say 3 bbs is pretty harsh. They come out far too fast. With shells it's easy to make sure you don't shoot a short load, but a mag loaded system is asking for trouble if you don't include safeguards.

The pneumatics for the M100 steal the reed valve principle from WA GBBs. I use the reed to detect a full bb load pushed against the hop up bump (more like a rubber detent I think). A short load doesn't completely fill up the chamber space so the gun cycles straight to recoil instead of pressurizing the breech.

Definitely a nice project for my overcrowded back burner.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote