Thread: LCT G3 Review
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2017, 23:41   #12
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
I am not a welder but having extensively used a real G3A3, i would say it has more aesthetically pleasing welds.

Too bad though LCT didn't include the brass deflector.
Were they H&K?
Rheinmetall?
MIC?
SEDENA?
Defense Industries Organization?
Fábrica de Braço de Prata?
Bofors Carl Gustaf?
Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Aktiebolag?
Elliniki Viomihania Oplon?
Kongsberg Våpenfabrikk?
MAS?
Military Industry Corporation?
MKEK?
Pakistan Ordnance Factories?
Royal Ordnance?
Bangladesh Ordnance Factories?
One of the Civilian makes?
Perhaps one of the rebuilds?

There are a vast number of reasons that the G3 you handled may have been nicely welded, but the majority of H&K, and likely most military G3 were not they simply had to function reliably and last, not win beauty pageants.

That said, I'm not saying you didn't fire em, or spend time on them, but the vast majority of people who say they "spent time" on a weapons system usually mean range trips of using one when they went to Vegas. I'd be interested to hear you elaborate on this.

For example: I've used H&K, Rheinmetall, Husqvarna, Fábrica de Braço de Prata and MAS, as well as a few pieces of trash from Century Arms. I've got a number of friends in the U.S. with the required licences and paperwork to own Automatics as well as destructive devices. The welds, as I recall, on all of them, were pretty trash, and they were not all the same G3 variant.

Z's photos of LCT G3 welds look pretty spot on to me.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; November 8th, 2017 at 23:46..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote