View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2019, 20:50   #2
Ratters

CYMA guns, my experience

CYMA is a TM spec clone. They were generally purchased as a less expensive alternative to higher end guns when everyone else was buying Classic Army and stuffing TM guts into them.

CYMA held its ground along with Aftermath guns on the field as top tier China clones, some if not most having better performance than their higher priced competition out of the box excluding TM's fantastic hop abilities which couldn't be beat for low fps with distance to target.

Originally made of abs, their MP5 series was very popular as a back up, secondary or primary depending on your style of gaming.

Through the years CYMA turned away from ABS guns and began the tumultuous road towards metal guns. Some were plagued with bodies cracking, others were not. Some were plagued with poor QC, others not. Like most manufacturers some versions of airsoft copies excel in their QC and others not so much.

The metal MP5 series seems to be built well with ease of maintenance being a key point over full, screw by screw disassembly. Like any airsoft purchase the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Having owned many aeg's, gbb's model guns, plug fire kits, I would simply recommend buying what you like with as much info going in to the deal.

Airsoft is a sport of passion, it involves mechanical curiosity which leads to aptitude, springs will fly, you'll lose (your) shit, things will break and you will rage BUT it's just another way of having fun. most of the time. After that the closest friend becomes the nearest tree within swinging distance. I'm kidding, most issues can be fixed.

Honest reviews are your friend but inspect well, chrono often and be willing to get your hands dirty and your guns, regardless of brand do at times have gremlins from the get go. test and test again and buy a good screwdriver kit, watch videos and ask questions. It will help you steer clear of most airsoft related disasters.

Last edited by Ratters; July 10th, 2019 at 20:54..
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote