View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2018, 07:50   #1422
Stoic Heroics

Hello from the US...
Bear with me here, it's gonna be a long one.

I have been blessed to have been introduced to Airsoft at the ripe age of thirteen, which around the same time I was given a baggie full of parts to put together an AK. Yes, I built that gun from the ground up one screw at a time, finding out which part goes where and how a V3 gearbox goes together. Eventually after gathering bins after bins of parts I had a literal franken-esque under folding stock beta AK complete with a shiny brass ported cylinder as a suppressor, (I mean as a thirteen year old lacking practicality it looked cool as I was putting it together) so of course I would be beet red as soon as I stepped onto an actual Airsoft field. I was not flamed, but there were goodhearted jokes and I was welcomed with warm hands as I sported my abomination, whose old battery died soon after. Eventually I upgraded to an APS manufactured M4 and then finally settled on a DE UMP alongside an Army R85 (I consider these two my project guns). I love my UMP and yes, I know that the UMG is astronomically better than the clone but I will settle with the blood, sweat, tears, and frustrations of getting my UMP as far as I can take it. A couple of more experiences here and there and here I am making my appearance on a Canadian website to which some people may ask, "Why are you even here?" I have been on a hiatus but have been working on conceptual projects and this website has always popped up. Eventually I ended up falling in love with the online community, reading on the tech forum and absorbing as much information as I can while learning to appreciate the work gun docs and Airsoft Vets put into this sport. It is silly to think that someone can connect to people only through digital means, but it is as easy as falling in love and connecting with a character in a book except this time it is someone who is real. I have come to respect the older people on this website and, well hell yeah I'm optimistic enough to think I will someday meet you guys in Canada someday in some skirmish(es).

Fun Facts:

-Can Fix other people's primaries but my own
-Have held and fielded a Systema mp5
-I put Mr. Scrooge's money saving methods to shame
-Once stalled the enemy team with only a knife

PS: Ever seen a UMP with an acr stock and a "shroud"? That's my goal
Stoic Heroics is offline   Reply With Quote