View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:31   #21
JSDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastor View Post
Damn, there is some cool kit on display here, I would love to get hold of some Japanese Defence Force camo and equipment. Are there stores where you can get big western sizes? (I'm a big lad) The Marui Type 89 looks like a fine airsoft weapon!
I believe there are some stores that keeps the big western sizes.
As someone mentioned earlier, it will cost a little more though.
There are various online website that sells JSDF equipment, but you may need to able to read Japanese in order to read what the online says.
Anyway if you are interested, you can order it here. This place ships to other country so it might be your best bet.
https://www.sandgraf.jp/index.php?ma...&cPath=220_237
https://www.sandgraf.jp/index.php?ma...&cPath=220_238

As for the Tokyo Marui Type 89, I am definately recommending you this airsoft gun. It's the JGSDF uses this airsoft as their official training rifle. Even the weight of the rifle is very close to the real one. With the bipod, battery and the empty magazine, the airsoft weighs 3.7 kg (8.2 lbs) and the real Howa Type 89 weighs 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs) when there are no bullet inside, thus making it weigh really close like a real thing when loaded. The gun was designed for the height of Japanese people so the gun is thinner and smaller than usual battle rifle, but don't be fooled by it's size. It uses the vsr-10 sized inner barrel. Not to mention, because the gun is smaller, the gun feels quite solid and dense. As for the performance of the gun, the 3 round burst on the type 8 mechbox works like a charm and it has never failed on me yet.

If you want more info on these gears, just let me know. Good luck collecting the JSDF gears, beastor.

Lastly, I seen your Russian SWAT (OMON or OMOH) load out on the other themed airsoft page. That looked very nice and it would be great if you can tell me where you got those gears, haha.
JSDF is offline   Reply With Quote