View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2012, 21:12   #15
Bracketman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
A SVD scope was being made by Real Sword, and I think they are still being made by them. Also, QBU-88 firing the 5.56mm is currently being imported into Canada, with the scope.
I own a KBU-97A (Type 97A 5.56mm Sniper Rifle, QBU-88 export version). The scope was what made the shipment into the country take a few extra months (as in five) as they had to track some down, on top of the PLA's priority over exports for QBU-88's. PLA & law enforcement in China are now adopting a new mount for the QBU-88, but at present, they have no interest in selling to foreigners. Due to the lack of scopes in service, China is now purchasing a few Khales and S&B's to go along with the new mount, but primarily for police use.

Regardless, airsoft is of the lowest concern for Norinco -- especially for a gun still being produced (QBU-88) -- so unless they start selling a special scope mount (which is actually my interest), then I don't think we'll see the airsoft version of the KBU-97A come into full-scale production.

The SVD PSO-1 4x scope made by Real Sword will not fit onto the QBU-88/KBU-97A, as they are completely different mounting devices. The other problem is they sell that scope for $250USD. Thus, the Type 88's FFP illuminated 3-9 x 40 would be (approx.) $500, and would jack the price of the unit up considerably.

I often wonder when Real Sword brings the KBU-97A to the trade shows if it is in fact an airsoft gun, or a real gun. After four years, no one has seen the internals yet.. not even the magazine out of the gun...
Bracketman is offline   Reply With Quote