View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 19:18   #434
R700

I don't have the chrony results like the post above which is informative and much appreciated. Thats the kind of posts i like.

I tried the set up out today with .3s and green gas. Temp was about 8 degrees and damp. Pretty cold. The hop up dial is about 2mm off the rail so its barely in use. When i adjust the hop up i am not even at the click point on the dial. I was hitting a 2x2 target 50m every shot and at 75m maybe 10 out of 30. I didnt chrony it but i brought my VFC SR16 CQB and shot side by side. The gbbr was more accurate at 50m and 75m for sure. my AEG goes 360 fps with .3s. The GBBR was much faster when i side by sided the guns at the same time.

I am going to try the heavier .4 bbs as everybody suggests, hopefully it will be enough to make consistent hits at that 75 m range. I am very happy with the range its at now. Not much more then my AEG but much more accurate and faster for sure.

Ill chrony the results soon

I mentioned that the hop up dial is about 2mm off the rail. The Ra Tech hop up nubs are still exposed in the barrel even with the hop up is all the way off. I had to back off 2mm from the rail like i said to keep it flat at 50m. The hop up can still be adjusted but you don't have the clicks as a reference and the knob is much stiffer to turn so i have to pay attention to how much force i use to turn the knob without over adjusting. When i look down the bore, its 90% barrel and 10% hop up. The dial is not at the click point, which is fine. It is still on the threads so it will stay on.

Overall, a good purchase but the drawback is the mags which doesnt bother me. I prefer mag changing. I use only low caps for my AEG so that transition is not a problem. Mag changes are part of the game. The mags don't like to be cold. 2x30rd out of one mag for this temp was optimal but thats it. Time to get more. I have 4 but a few more would be nice.

I would highly recommend this GBBR. I like the GBBR concept better as opposed to little moving gears and batteries. The mags are more expensive but when you factor in batteries and chargers, it is pretty much the same.

Thanks for the tips and keep them coming.

Last edited by R700; April 18th, 2013 at 19:23..
R700 is offline   Reply With Quote