Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"word I cannot say" ICS galil AR (400fps stock version)

:

Reviews

Old April 13th, 2010, 16:07   #16
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Thanks Crunch.

Azathoth, a good amount of the airsoft guns sold in the UK are downgraded by the retailers because that's what the law requires, which makes a great portion of all guns in the UK non-factory-direct by your standard. Would you insist on adding some sort of title to them as well?

The distributors are ultimately authorized by the manufacturers to make the downgrades. Whether the downgrades can occur requires permission from the manufacturer. SafeAirsoft as a moment recommends the downgrade, but it doesn't decide or participate in whether it actually happens.
Yes I would give the downgraded gun in the UK a moniker that is unique much like the situation here. In Canada the gearbox is supposedly upgraded ergo a Canadian importable version of ICS guns is superior to the International versions. Hypothetically if I lived in the states and was aware of the difference I would want the for Canada import edition over the standard int'l edition.

My argument is supported given that all of the boxes specifically have made for Canada import on them.

I am confused by the last half of your second statement. You earlier stated:
Quote:
Downgrading is done by the respective Canadian distributor, which is Mach1 for ICS, VFC and TSI. Please stop using the term "safesoft gun", it's not the intent.
and now:
Quote:
Thanks Crunch.
SafeAirsoft as a moment recommends the downgrade, but it doesn't decide or participate in whether it actually happens.
Which is it?

My question regarding "downgrader caused damage/defects still haven't been answered. Do I go bitch at the retailer or distributor? What manufacturer warranty do the brands carry?

As a potential end consumer I'm not going to be happy with a gun that is marred or damaged internal or externally from poor workmanship.

I'm going to the owners home and will look at the guts and compare it to standard version ICS Galil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 16:37   #17
m102404
Tys

never mind...sorry I thought this was another rant on the retailing thing...didn't realize it was a review, my bad.

Flag to delete as you see fit.

Last edited by m102404; April 13th, 2010 at 18:19..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:17   #18
empty_mags

Unless there is a copyright on the term "safesoft" call it whatever you want to.
I can call my VFC SCAR Safesoft, right now it is in my basement, in a guncase with no battery in it and the selector switch is on safe. Pretty much a safeairsoft gun right there.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews