Smith Optics Elite Boogie Tactical Regulator Goggles

:

Reviews

Old June 12th, 2012, 11:04   #1
dwsage

Smith Optics Elite Boogie Tactical Regulator Goggles

Here is my review of the Smith Optics Elite Boogie Tactical Regulator Goggles

http://www.millbrookcanada.ca/gear.h...category_id=41

I ordered from Millbrook Tactical Inc on June 7 evening. I got a delivery attempt on June 11th which is very impressive considering that is only 1 business day.

Paid $40 +tax + $10 shipping.

The goggles exactly like they are on the website. The ventilation slider is not loose but also not hard to move.
I am asian so I expected some possible issues with the fit. I was right. The goggles seem like they are meant for fairly narrow heads with long noses. On me there is a gap in the bridge of the nose and in the center of the brow.
the foam is pretty decent density and quality. It keeps the lens far enough so your eyelashes aren't rubbing up against it but low profile enough that it won't be in the way when you are aiming down your sights.

I bought the clear lens version for using with my camera. I didn't want a smoked lens to alter my perception of the exposure of the shots. I think I will be wearing a bandanna as a face mask to fill in the gap on the bridge of my nose so stray BBs don't find their way in. It shouldn't be an issue since when I am camera man, I will be wearing bright colors so nobody should be shooting me (at least they better not)

I haven't had a chance to field test them yet so I can't give any assessment of the anti-fogging quality. I will update this review once i have had a chance to field these goggles.

*update*
played on a rather wet and hot day in dense forest (take that into consideration). It fogged quite badly. I should mention I had to use a mesh mask to fill in the gap between the bridge of the goggles and my nose. That might have contributed to some of the fogging since my breath was going into my goggles. I tried these goggles on a few other white people (figured they had more prominent noses) and there was still a fair gap. I would only recommend these to people with large noses start high up in the face. Not so much for asian faces.

Last edited by dwsage; July 2nd, 2012 at 09:45.. Reason: updated information
dwsage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews