Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for a good machinist!

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 5th, 2011, 17:04   #136
deadlydayne

oh man i know bout them fumes, even when making small cuts on that pot metal with the mill sends a horrible stench
deadlydayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 17:09   #137
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
we will see thunderplant

Some old man at home depot said in order to solder pot metal you have to heat it up and make it red hot with a torch. He said this will likely make make pot metal explode. He also said the fumes from aluminum can kill someone without a proper respirator.
Magnesium alloy? I did note that I got some "interesting" sparks hitting a mag alloy bicycle fork with an abrasive wheel. I wanted to see if it really contained magnesium

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 17:44   #138
Ross

Well I test fired the open bolt. Accurate up to 150-200 feet. Felt nice to have a working scar again. This would be the first time in my 1.5 years of owning it, that the fuckin bbs flew straight. Right ear still ringing though. And fyi for those wanting to stick an ra-tech m14 inner barrel in. Works good! I will probably do an accuracy test between the stock inner barrel and the ra-tech barrel. A smart man once told me that gas guns aren't affected by barrel length nearly as much as aegs. And if it's true, my dmr is looking pretty silly! Makes sense as my 1911 is on par with my mp5. Dumped three mags on full auto and 1 on semi. No exploding parts yet. Still would be nice to take the gun apart without removing part 27.

Last edited by Ross; April 5th, 2011 at 17:47..
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 18:14   #139
Dire_Wolf

did you glue 27 to the hinge plate?

Future Gear: TM PSG1, M700, ARES DSR-1 v2
Dire_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 18:17   #140
Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire_Wolf View Post
did you glue 27 to the hinge plate?
No. I glued small squares of sheet metal over where part 27 likes to break. I did it to a brand new part 27. Not the old, broken one. Part 66 is still at a high risk of breaking.
Old April 5th, 2011, 18:27   #141
deadlydayne

Ross, where did you order your Open bolt kit from, ive been trying to find a kit but they all seem to be sold out, also, for the stock hinge, im going to start drawing that up tomorrow night, tonite im going to make another part 27.
Old April 5th, 2011, 18:36   #142
Ross

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_ep...roducts_id=856

ra-tech also sells them, but their shopping website is down so I couldn't get the link.
http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/html...at_g_we037.php

also for those who are interested. The steel bolt prototype is out for sale at ra-tech. Doubles recoil, and is probably twice as hard on the gun. lol.

Last edited by Ross; April 5th, 2011 at 18:39..
Old April 5th, 2011, 18:38   #143
deadlydayne

ya i was just lookin at ra techs site and i couldnt for the life of me figure out why it wouldnt let me order it.
Old April 5th, 2011, 18:46   #144
Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlydayne View Post
ya i was just lookin at ra techs site and i couldnt for the life of me figure out why it wouldnt let me order it.
even when the site IS up it's hard to order. You have to get to the shopping side. It's completely stupid. They have one website that catalogs all of their inventory and shows you what they have with a white background. And then they have another website that shows the exact same information but with a black background and the ability to add to cart. If you do order from ra-tech, their tracking number is often sent to your spam box when they email you. I had a few questions about the open bolt kit. I got sick of waiting for an answer so I ordered from airsoftbuddy. They finally got back to me though, 2 months later. I'm not bitter, not at all!

here is the link for their open bolt kit. http://www.ratech.com.tw/store/produ...id_product=302
you can also get the upgraded feed lips for you mags from there too.

Last edited by Ross; April 5th, 2011 at 20:15..
Old April 5th, 2011, 23:05   #145
deadlydayne

doesnt the open bolt kit usually come with a set of feed lips for one mag? i mean obviously gonna need more but i think evike has them, redwolf has them too i believe. ya i thought about that steel bolt but good god man thats putting imense power and kick into the rifle, you might as well go out and buy the real steel if your going for that realistic. Dont get me wrong i think id love having that steel bolt but going from open chamber to open bolt that already renders one bolt useless and waste of money, then you go to steel now you just wasted another bolt, just money out of pocket and i cant do that right now. Gotta produce some parts first :-)
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:21   #146
Ross

Yeah. I'm not sure about buying the steel part yet. I'm thinking of buying another open bolt kit. That way if anything goes wrong on the field. (trigger assembly part breaks) (nozzle cracks or breaks) I can open it up, take the problem area out, and swap it quickly. Then worry about the specific problem at home.
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:45   #147
Dire_Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
No. I glued small squares of sheet metal over where part 27 likes to break. I did it to a brand new part 27. Not the old, broken one. Part 66 is still at a high risk of breaking.
then i'm left confused... how does that interfere with takedown? does it get in the way of the bolt carrier being pulled out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlydayne View Post
doesnt the open bolt kit usually come with a set of feed lips for one mag? i mean obviously gonna need more but i think evike has them, redwolf has them too i believe. ya i thought about that steel bolt but good god man thats putting imense power and kick into the rifle, you might as well go out and buy the real steel if your going for that realistic. Dont get me wrong i think id love having that steel bolt but going from open chamber to open bolt that already renders one bolt useless and waste of money, then you go to steel now you just wasted another bolt, just money out of pocket and i cant do that right now. Gotta produce some parts first :-)
I don't know of anyone up here in canuckistan that's actually successfully ordered from evike .... i think we avoid it and the usual customs crap that can happen with airsoft imports to canada...

Future Gear: TM PSG1, M700, ARES DSR-1 v2

Last edited by Dire_Wolf; April 6th, 2011 at 01:48..
Dire_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:58   #148
Ross

Quote:
then i'm left confused... how does that interfere with takedown? does it get in the way of the bolt carrier being pulled out?
yes
Old April 6th, 2011, 04:28   #149
deadlydayne

Quote:
I don't know of anyone up here in canuckistan that's actually successfully ordered from evike .... i think we avoid it and the usual customs crap that can happen with airsoft imports to canada...
thats true, i personally have never had a problem, but i have heard horror stories about evike. ive been told its a hit and miss deal with them. The reason i dont have open bolt yet is same problem i dont want to deal with customs, last time i ordered from overseas i ordered a steel trigger sear for my l96 and it ended up costing well over $100 and over half that was went to US CUSTOMS!!! for a friggin 1"x1" piece of steel!!
Old April 6th, 2011, 05:09   #150
W0lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
You mean something like this?

Skip to 2:06
YouTube - Tango Down ShotShow 2011
aside from briefly skimming through this in hopes of finding someone who can make me a scar part 66, when the hell can i expect one of those RIS platform for scar to be out? anyone know?

"If I don't know it, Google does."
W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications