Great boots. Cheap!

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 17th, 2015, 21:04   #136
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingyul View Post
So everyone happy with going true to size?
I wear 8 with Converse, but 8.5 in everything else (Merrell, Adidas, ...)
I'm 9.5 Adidas, I got 10s and there is a bit of space. Could have happily gone 9.5 for an exact fit.
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 21:25   #137
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

Holy fuck they are sweet! The sole looks awesome. Seems to have a higher heel that I can feel but I assume with break in it will settle down. Sizing is bang on, overall EXTREMELY happy for the price. Thanks again Cliff.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 23:34   #138
Brengun

As someone that didn't buy these --but may be living with regrets: This looks like one of those deals that looks "too good to be true."

I would love it if everyone contributing to this very active thread could re-visit in October, and report on the durability / comfort / performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
Yeah, okay.

So I wanted to hoard this deal but my damn conscience got the better of me.

http://shopfiveten.com/P-43610700182...esert-Tan.aspx

If you want good boots, buy these, and for Crom's sake take care of the suede.
Also available in black.

Please leave some of the low-ankle ones so I can buy them for my Mom.
Old January 18th, 2015, 00:02   #139
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I've worked in them three times now (snow clearing, non-stop foot action) and just played my first CQB game in them. The work thing doesn't matter except that my feet are 100%in new boots (awesome), but playing in them was just phenomenal.
They grip firmly and stop on a dime, and they're really goddamn quiet.

We'll see how long they last, but as of this minute I'd pay full retail for them.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 00:34   #140
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
I've worked in them three times now (snow clearing, non-stop foot action) and just played my first CQB game in them. The work thing doesn't matter except that my feet are 100%in new boots (awesome), but playing in them was just phenomenal.
They grip firmly and stop on a dime, and they're really goddamn quiet.

We'll see how long they last, but as of this minute I'd pay full retail for them.
I don't think I'd pay full retail for these shoes. I think they're worth about $100~120, or at least that's what I'd be willing to pay for them.
And by the time I reach that price I'd probably opt for a cheaper solution.

Last edited by AnthonyG; January 18th, 2015 at 00:39..
Old January 18th, 2015, 11:15   #141
chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brengun View Post
As someone that didn't buy these --but may be living with regrets: This looks like one of those deals that looks "too good to be true."

I would love it if everyone contributing to this very active thread could re-visit in October, and report on the durability / comfort / performance.
I can't imagine the boots to be crap given the quality of 5.10's climbing shoes (I've run them for years when I was climbing). As well, (someone correct me if I am wrong) but these are approved for military use. At any rate, the price was right. I will be running these at the Hill this season so we shall see how they hold up.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 12:04   #142
RainyEyes

I think they're great. A little room in the front, good traction, no smell. The only concerning thing is that they say they're "MADE IN KOREA"... which one!? D:

I've rubbed wax on them to make them water resistant and plugged the eyelets with a glue gun so that i can wear them in winter as well. They are extremely warm except for the tongue of the shoe that is a very thin polyester fabric. Discount that, they are perfect light weather boots.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 13:18   #143
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
I think they're great. A little room in the front, good traction, no smell. The only concerning thing is that they say they're "MADE IN KOREA"... which one!? D:

I've rubbed wax on them to make them water resistant and plugged the eyelets with a glue gun so that i can wear them in winter as well. They are extremely warm except for the tongue of the shoe that is a very thin polyester fabric. Discount that, they are perfect light weather boots.
I had planned on doing this also. Did you plug it with glue from the inside or outside?
Old January 18th, 2015, 14:19   #144
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I had planned on doing this also. Did you plug it with glue from the inside or outside?
I was tempted to try and do it inside, but was afraid i'd brush the nozzle on the interior and ruin it permanently, so i settled with sealing it from the outside. It's easier to remove but looks bad. Try doing it on the inside if you have good dexterity, and your glue gun is small enough to fit.
Old January 18th, 2015, 14:44   #145
chaz

Try using shoe-goo. That stuff is TOUGH and you can smear some on the inside of the drainage holes.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 16:48   #146
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post

How do you think they'd fair, being submerged in a puddle? I was thinking about grabbing these, but the only thing holding me back is that i'd rather have something thats made for wetter conditions.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 17:02   #147
L473ncy

Why are people plugging the drain holes? Isn't the point of jungle boots that it can drain if you get them wet? Also for breathability and moisture wicking to keep your feet dry?
Old January 18th, 2015, 17:10   #148
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Yeah, I dunno. They're made out of suede, if you try to turn them into galoshes they'll rot off your feet.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 18:48   #149
WinnipegDragon

Gamed with mine today and they remain unreasonably comfortable. I have been playing in runners and I forgot that I had switched.

Super good so far.
WinnipegDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 21:00   #150
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Why are people plugging the drain holes? Isn't the point of jungle boots that it can drain if you get them wet? Also for breathability and moisture wicking to keep your feet dry?
Because i'm cheap and wanted them to double as winter boots.

I figured that they would let in the cold, so plugging them wound be one way to keep the cold out. It's just hot glue gun glue so it's removable.

They're meant to be water resistant, not water proof. The wax doesn't make it 100% hydrophobic, and no amount of silicone based shoe spray will either. It's just to make them more durable in the winter. Again, I'm cheap.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion