Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Why you don't wear Military Insignia you haven't earned..

:

Gear Discussion

Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2008, 12:37   #136
Danke

Don't wear a hammer and sickle tank top the morning after some other jackass ran the wrong flag up the pole late at night.
Old May 16th, 2008, 14:00   #137
silent_recon

ryan (lerch) is a good buddy of mine, he is currently doing is reg force BMQ, after wich, he will be doing his artillery trades course, and he joined up with the RCHA

if someone wanted to do a canadian scottish impression for airsoft, i'd be stoked to see it, just so long as they didnt try to make people think that they were actually a serving member of my regiment, at least thats my opinion.

regimental insignea in my opinion, is fine. so long as you use it only on the airsoft field, dont go into Mcdonalds pre game sporting a regiments insignea, that could cause some bad press. but on the airsoft field, for things such as milsims (my favorite kind of game btw) insignea, and teams trying to look the part of real world units, just adds more realism to the game.

things such as jump wings, or other qualification badges, should never be worn unless you earn them imo, how would you feel if you worked your ass off, got the shit kicked out of you, and shed blood, sweat and tears for your jump wings, only to see someone wearing their store bought wings on the street or the field, thats just a slap in the face

Last edited by silent_recon; May 17th, 2008 at 01:41..
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:00   #138
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrius View Post
Mike what incident in Wainwright were you referring to? Are you not aware that there are lots of CF members who have earned the ranger tab? My unit has several...

K, if the guys that where the t-shirts were actually qualified there would have been no problem. From what I heard these guys were from one of the Reserve units that has "Ranger" in it's name, ie Rocky Mountain Rangers, etc. So they figured it would be no problem for them to wear a US Army Ranger tab t-shirt.. well the NCO that actually earned the tab disagreed

I know lots of Canadians have been to Ranger School an earned the tab, etc, etc.

Old May 18th, 2008, 02:31   #139
gallantcorey

Send a message via MSN to gallantcorey
I love how most are saying oh its ok for certain insignia but not the "hardcore" ones like ranger/para.

First of all again I have no issue with anyone wearing any of it. But the way you all are wording it you are making it seem like its only if their wearing these "harcore" ones. Ok sure their training is hard... but so is basic/trade courses/other specialty courses.
“The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.” - Sir Robert Peel
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:59   #140
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

How about not being allowed to wear a Ferrari tshirt if you don't own one. What about a Lambo one...

Hey those are hardcore, they cost a fuck load.

Stupid to argue those things, as long those guys don't wear them in public (aka going to McDonald) its fine... they aren't hurting anyone. If YOU feel offended by them wearing it at games, then PM me i know a good psychiatrist i can recommend.
Old May 18th, 2008, 06:36   #141
Brit ter

Abbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
It's a British self-propelled artillery canon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV433_Abbot_SPG

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

and here's a video of one findnig parking space at the mall

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BsfPS2XS4sc
thanks Drake! I don,t have any pics !
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:33   #142
Brit ter

abbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
You... actually own an Abbot?

If so, let me preemptively express how much I hate you. :P

</massive envy>
I don,t tech. own it the vehicals are signed over to museum members to kit out ,do maint. paint. and show and drive (thats the fun part) I am responsable for the abbot so far I have sunk about $2500 on vehical Kit and another $3000 on Brit. personal combat kit and another $1000. on fuel . She only gets 3 miles to the gallon but does 40 miles an hour and has air conditioning

Last edited by Brit ter; May 18th, 2008 at 09:35..
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:34   #143
Drake
E-01

When You See It You'll Sh!t Bricks
You guys need to start hating on Matt LeBlanc, now.

And, damn, I knew that screen cap would be of use to me someday...

(and no, no Photoshopping involved or anything; I happened upon it while channel surfing, caught my attention so I screen grabbed.)
Old May 18th, 2008, 17:15   #144
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
How about not being allowed to wear a Ferrari tshirt if you don't own one. What about a Lambo one...

Hey those are hardcore, they cost a fuck load.

Stupid to argue those things, as long those guys don't wear them in public (aka going to McDonald) its fine... they aren't hurting anyone. If YOU feel offended by them wearing it at games, then PM me i know a good psychiatrist i can recommend.
Please don't belittle the Military by comparing their patches to car company t-shirts, etc.

Old May 18th, 2008, 17:28   #145
DC_ACU

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL- View Post
Please don't belittle the Military by comparing their patches to car company t-shirts, etc.
i dont think he had meant to compare the military to car company in the sense you are thinking. i agree with ronan on this one.

i wear a straight edge band tshirt, but im DEFINATLY NOT straightedge.
the band is good, what more can i say?
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:46   #146
Muadib02

To wear the insignia is to pass off as trained and qualified. To be quite blunt if I ever came across anyone not in the Canadian forces running about in CADPAT with a proper rank insignia and a beret with a proper cap badge (especially a black one) they would be called out on impersonating a Canadian Forces Member and subject to all the legal realities attached to that fact, especially if it was an "officer".
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:54   #147
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib02 View Post
To wear the insignia is to pass off as trained and qualified. To be quite blunt if I ever came across anyone not in the Canadian forces running about in CADPAT with a proper rank insignia and a beret with a proper cap badge (especially a black one) they would be called out on impersonating a Canadian Forces Member and subject to all the legal realities attached to that fact, especially if it was an "officer".
Then you are going to be making allot of phone calls. It happens all the time in airsoft. And you won't be a welcome member of the community for very long if you go running around squaking about impersonation.

Once again, it's the INTENT behind the dress, not the dress itself that crosses the line.

Imitation is a form of flattery. MIS-representation is illegal and fucking weak.

Know the difference.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:05   #148
Muadib02

I am willing to compromise if this is accepted behavior. All I have left to say is that it is barely legal for me to wear my uniform and insignia, so why should someone not entitled to it be allowed to. Above and beyond that if you are only wearing it at the game, and not off at timmys beforehand it wont bother me too much.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:19   #149
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib02 View Post
I am willing to compromise if this is accepted behavior. All I have left to say is that it is barely legal for me to wear my uniform and insignia, so why should someone not entitled to it be allowed to. Above and beyond that if you are only wearing it at the game, and not off at timmys beforehand it wont bother me too much.
It's illegal for service members to wear their uniforms in civilian events.

That being said, this is why the market for -reproduction- uniforms exist. If you can't draw the line between the two (never mind the service members who have full kit at their disposal yet go out of their way to buy reproduction kit) then you'll just make a complete ass of yourself.

Teams that use ranks make no claims to being enlisted members. They often just use ranks to designate positions on the team, rather than having a disorderly structure.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:21   #150
Muadib02

Having finally read through all this...I will concede (not to my liking) that insignia and whatnot may be worn so long as the person wearing them (civilian) does not go about claiming to be part of or present themselves publicly (away from the game) as being active military. Since it is not reenacting when in modern clothes...I may not like it but I can live with it...so please do not hold my earlier statement against me.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion