Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CF new boots? Brown coloured?

:

Canadian

Old December 18th, 2011, 08:52   #16
-Skeletor-
I doubt that will actually be enforced, I remember when the new GP Boots came out and there was talk that non issue boots would no longer be allowed, which didn't happen. Have to wait and see though.

I'm happy about the switch to the brown boots(very happy CADPAT boots died out), as well as the upcoming ICU, going off a powerpoint I saw it'll start coming out next summer. Good to see our combat uniforms getting away from a garrison design/look and becoming more practical for the field.

Last edited by -Skeletor-; December 18th, 2011 at 09:09..
Old December 18th, 2011, 10:39   #17
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Try this. Get a bunch of guys out in the dark with camo clothing on. Look at them with a NVG. You'll pick out the boots first if they're black; especially if you're prone or in a trench and they're coming into your veiw.
I have played with my NVGs during a few games and during field ex's. Boots do not stand out more then the clothing some people wear. Especially when what ever they are wearing shows up as white in the tube.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 10:56   #18
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Try this. Get a bunch of guys out in the dark with camo clothing on. Look at them with a NVG. You'll pick out the boots first if they're black; especially if you're prone or in a trench and they're coming into your veiw.
Could this be because of the polished look of black leather versus the suede texture of brown boots?

Most likely.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 10:59   #19
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
I would bet that's why

Blacks ugly. Brown would be nice.
I have in black
2 summer steal boots
2 winter steel boots
1 extreme weather steel boots
1 combat boots
& 2 tan steel toe

What will I do with all these boots? Lol
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:03   #20
Rush
formerly Medix

Damn, don't think Ive worn issue boots for the past year
I hope these are at least somewhat comfy. I doubt it though. Might have to pick up a pair of http://www.lapolicegear.com/rocky-sv2-olive-boots.html for the field.
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:09   #21
PrIeSt
takagari

Well I also have two pairs of seats.
Those are just the issues ones on my shelf.

Seems every visit to supply results in yet another new pair
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:10   #22
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Wonderful. When will they let us reg force guys know? O.o
Chief of the Army released a CANLANDGEN covering this (and a lot more like new goggle, helmets, Carl.G's, pvs14 purchases etc) two weeks ago. Check out army online on DIN for the whole msg.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:22   #23
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxhoundNB View Post
What nobody realizes is that with the introduction of these new, brown boots, you will not be allowed to wear ANY non-issued boots. People are going to be ANGRY.

I know this applies in Gagetown at least, coming from the Base CO. I imagine there'll be similar policies at other major bases.
that is his and the base rsm's decision, tough luck. However for medical ''boot chits'' you are still safe.

A base CO has no auth to determine which Med chits he picks and chooses to honor or declare invalid.

Here is the real deal, there are two kinds of ''boot chit'';

Private purchase - auth to wear non issue boots at the member's own expense ( what I have); and

Crown purchase - auth to wear non issue boots, which the suuply system reimburses the member for. It is this chit that is conditional, as when a new boot comes into the system the member must be fitted IOT ascertain if the new boot solves their issue. If so, then issue boots, if not then chit continues.

So either way no one is going to bully you out of a valid boot chit, but if you are just wearing your own boots without one then yeah you might have to fall in line when the new boots come on line.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:52   #24
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Could this be because of the polished look of black leather versus the suede texture of brown boots?

Most likely.
Black is just not a common colour in nature as they say. Folks stopped going into the field with polished boots years ago.

Remember the five S's; Shape Shine Shadow Silhouette & Spacing. With a boot you have a recognizable shape, a constant silhouette, and consistent spacing. Add in movement and you might as well be dancing around with a white light.

Camo boots would have made tons more sense for this reason but I can't see how you'd keep the pixeled or otherwise ones parade square fresh so no go.
Old December 18th, 2011, 13:42   #25
PrIeSt
takagari

I just wish they would pick a decent known boot company to build combat boots instead of some company in quebec who does shoes or some joe here.
Many members go out and buy XXXXXX brand boots and love them There must be a bloody reason for it. Why not go with one of those companies.

And bloody hell put zippers in the boots! I love my zippers. I get my boots fit just how I like them. and never have to untie them again
Old December 18th, 2011, 14:08   #26
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post
I just wish they would pick a decent known boot company to build combat boots instead of some company in quebec who does shoes or some joe here.
Many members go out and buy XXXXXX brand boots and love them There must be a bloody reason for it. Why not go with one of those companies.

And bloody hell put zippers in the boots! I love my zippers. I get my boots fit just how I like them. and never have to untie them again
The LAST thing we need on our boots is fucking zippers ........ we have enough trouble with shit like zippers breaking on things as it is :P
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 14:17   #27
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Even if the CF purchased XXXXX brand boots, it still wouldn't please all members of the CF. I agree, that there are better options to go with then who ever designed/built some of our past/current boots. I heard the new Arid boots aren't bad, so maybe these new brown ones will be ok? To me it's a non issue either way, as I haven't worn issue boots since '06. Private Purchase boot chit - winning. I think most units allow guys to buy their own boots as long as they are black and are military style boots.

Quote:
Zippered boots may be alright for some jobs, but they are pretty horrible for others

Example -
The guys who purchased those converse boots with the zippers before tour learned that zippers suck the hardway. A lot of them had the zippers burst after doing a lot of dismounted patrolling, etc - some zippers burst during patrols.

Last edited by -Skeletor-; December 18th, 2011 at 15:13..
Old December 18th, 2011, 15:09   #28
PrIeSt
takagari

Maybe as an option. I know most of us love oura
Old December 18th, 2011, 15:11   #29
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Maybe as an option. I know most of us love oura
oura?
Old December 18th, 2011, 15:20   #30
PrIeSt
takagari

Ya not sure why the iPhone auto corrected oura. I meant ours. Most of the guys in our sqn use zippers. But army airforce navy. All will have different needs. So one boot will definitely not fit all
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian