Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need help with 'detailed' info concerning LCT AK's

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 3rd, 2013, 14:35   #16
GODSPEED|seven

I forgot to set e-mails to "instant" for my thread.. decided to take a look anyways... Well, HECK.... anyone else want to try and convince me MORE!? I've never had such a positive feedback on an AEG!

So I think I should maybe contact AirsoftGear directly to have a list of their models then.. I do like the AK74, but I would rather a shorter version, like the 105/104.

Gee, I dunno what else to say, thanks to all you guys for your input, it's very much appreciated. I'm rpetty intent on external build, had a CA UMP in the past.. hated the poor finish, seam lines, cheap rails, had a bad CA first experience.

Last edited by GODSPEED|seven; April 4th, 2013 at 09:39.. Reason: Deleted age-sensitive inofrmation.
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 14:51   #17
WHOABLAH

If you want an internal review of the gun I have a link here for you:
http://www.foxairsoft.com/news/1111/...un-review.html
The guy takes apart the gearbox so you can see what is inside exactly.
WHOABLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:10   #18
GODSPEED|seven

Yeah, I've seen a few of their reviews; the unfortunate thing is that they do not seem to ship to Canada. I've e-mailed them about this.. but that would suck because they are the only distributor (out of 4) that has any stock and that stock many models, everywhere else have the older models.

Last edited by GODSPEED|seven; April 4th, 2013 at 09:29.. Reason: Deleted age-sensitive information.
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:17   #19
coach
aka coachster

You are AV'd. Don't ask for where to get guns outside of the restricted areas. the rule applies to you and noobs alike! Nor post who sells them even if you can't get in touch with them
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:18   #20
GODSPEED|seven

Sorry, my bad. =\

I've fixed this, put it in the right section:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=152857

Last edited by GODSPEED|seven; April 4th, 2013 at 09:28..
Old April 4th, 2013, 15:16   #21
GODSPEED|seven

Can a GP-30 Grenade Launcher be mounted to the shorter variants? 102/104/105?

If so, what brand GP-30 will fit LCT's? (or is the GP-30 launcher pretty much universal and fits any AK?)
Old April 4th, 2013, 16:14   #22
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
Can a GP-30 Grenade Launcher be mounted to the shorter variants? 102/104/105?

If so, what brand GP-30 will fit LCT's? (or is the GP-30 launcher pretty much universal and fits any AK?)
I'm not sure off the top of my head, but I seem to recall hearing about issues with mounting them on shorter variants, though they're meant for use with the 100 series if I'm not mistaken
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 18:22   #23
Off_kilter

the GP-25 will not fit because it mounts to the this bayonet lug style mount at the end of the gas tube. This is only present on full length AKs not carbine models
Old April 4th, 2013, 20:24   #24
GODSPEED|seven

Alright, I understand.
Old April 4th, 2013, 22:39   #25
GODSPEED|seven

Another question is concerning the front kits and the external parts, like handguards..

I've noticed that you can buy entire front kits:
example: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...ct&catid=&cat=

What I'm wondering, is if these front ends are interchangeable from body styles; can I simply get an entire AKM front-end kit (like in the link) and simply slide it onto an ak74 body?

Are the handguard parts the same size for all AK47/AKM/AK74 models? (naturally depending on the gas tube that matches the right body-style).
Old April 8th, 2013, 19:09   #26
GODSPEED|seven

Thumbs up

Well, I just got my LCT AK74MN (New Version)...
...this is a SWEET rifle!

I am really impressed with the assembly; it all feels really solid!

I was NOT impressed with the grip itself though, kinda feels loose, had to put in a small shaving of electric tape in the back notch for it to stop wiggling.. and it feels like the cheapest plastic ever.
The handguard is ok. I'll have to grease most parts, like the rear sights and the bolt spring/guide.. they aren't smooth at all (a quick fix).

But those are all things I plan on playing around with anyways; real steel handguards, grip, sling, etc. I've been looking at the optics at Kalinkaoptics.com as well. I've read somewhere LCT's take real steel optics, due to the side mount being an exact replica (correct me if wrong).

Otherwise, it fires nice and hard, only tested with my 8.4V 1600mAh stick.. waiting on a 9.6v. Rate of Fire should be perfect on the 9.6. Magazine fits in nice and tight, although I understand why the spacer is a nice part to add; I wouldn't want to force the mags in.. the plastic on the High-Cap (being switched out for mids) doesn't look/feel the strongest (I may be wrong). Selector is nice and crisp. Trigger Guard needs a little filing.. rough edges (half-finger gloves). Cleaning rod is rather loose/wiggles (I 'leaned' the head onto the screw to fix that). When I get the chance, I'll be testing it more, accuracy/range and all.

So far though, I am more than happy with my purchase. (Ordered Thursday night, received this Monday afternoon).

All that said, I would still appreciate a little experience from you guys; especially concerning Magazines. Are there brands I should stay away from? (CYMA was mentioned)..

I've noticed these mags:

Magpul PTS Masada AKM Mags:
http://torontoairsoft.3dcartstores.c...ck_p_1699.html

G&P AK74 150rds [I would really like plum-colored mags]:
http://torontoairsoft.3dcartstores.c...UM_p_1263.html

And last question: do I have any better option of composite/plastic grip? I really want to replace the flimsy-el-cheapo-plastic grip (non-wood grip). I was looking at the bakelite one; but it just looks like more el-cheapo plastic. Maybe another brand? Compatibility?
Old April 8th, 2013, 19:30   #27
Off_kilter

Mag brand mags worked pretty good in mine.

As for grips I have a King arms one on the way for my FSB build...

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...ip&catid=&cat=

Last edited by Off_kilter; April 8th, 2013 at 19:32..
Off_kilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 16:15   #28
SF_Chewy

Those Magpul AKM mags are specifically for the Magpul AKM, won't fit into regular AK's from what I understand.

MAG is good.
- Comes in midcap 120rd capacity
- Comes in boxes of 5

LCT is also good
- I've only found these in low 70rd and high cap flavours 450+
- Comes in a rack of 10
- Only issue I have, which I believe is common with most mags, is the last few rounds do not feed in as fast. I tend to drop a few shots at the end of the mag.

I would stay away from CYMA (as stated), unless you like sanding.

I can attest that the plastic grips are a bit cheap. My friend broke his plastic grip when he rested it on the stock and it dropped on the grip. Be mindful of that

I believe my cousin fitted a Huang side rail onto the same AK74MN you have, no word on how sturdy it is. http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...products_id=31
SF_Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 21:49   #29
Wendigo

MAG is a good option. They work well, and are cheap. As someone mentioned before, the magwell insert helps a lot. Worth the investment.

Last edited by Wendigo; April 9th, 2013 at 21:53..
Wendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 21:57   #30
Amos

LCT magazines work flawlessly in LCT guns.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion