Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M4 S-Systems. DBoy or JG?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 15th, 2013, 14:54   #16
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

My brother recently purchased a Dboys - instant mag feeding issues, not that the mag or hopup had flaws - it was the size of the magwell itself.

Apparently Dboys manufactures their magwells roughly 2mm wider according to airsoftdepot which I bought it from. This causes a world of pain when it comes to the mag catch hooking onto the mag itself and keeping it in place.

I've tried king arms mags, magpul pmags/emags and no success. The problem was actually rectified by putting velcro shims in the magwell itself for added connection, but who the fuck wants to do that on a brand new AEG you just bought.

Last edited by Rabbit; April 15th, 2013 at 14:58..
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 14:59   #17
Madrigal

O_o Really? I haven't read that in any reviews I have found.
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:05   #18
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

No to mention it came with one of the shittiest clear plastic m4 hop up units i have ever bared witness to - I say shittiest because i accidentaly over screwed the adjustment wheel screw and instantly stripped the threads in one shot - instant cat toy my kitties like to throw around the apartment.

Don't get me wrong - the rest of the gun is great and consistent - but like most lower end guns there will be a few key pieces you'll have to swap out right off the bat.

The King Arms M4 is really the staple starter gun - I tried one out at one of my last season games as a loaner and the person who lent it to me realized it was shooting better and further than his primary.

Edit: You can easily swap out the plastic shit handguards on the King Arms M4 and drop in an RIS (can be had for roughly 30$ - get verified, there are cheaper ones in the classifieds) mind you you'll have to use a PEQ battery box since the King Arms comes front wired.

Last edited by Rabbit; April 15th, 2013 at 15:10..
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:15   #19
sammynac99

If you can't afford a king arms full metal look into the g and g combat machine series, I bought one as a starter has seen 15,000-20000 bb's and still works. Came with a smart charger and 9,6 NIMH battery aswell as 1000 bb's . I did a review of mine and found that for a polymer type starter gun that these r really guite reasonable. 180$ gets you everything you need for a first skirmish minus protection. Overall good reviews for the combat machines. They have the raider version that has a ris. Take a look.
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:34   #20
Madrigal

where would I be able to grab one of the combat machines in canada? And I am trying to get AV'd, but haven't gotten a message back yet :P
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:44   #21
Strelok

Don't get a combat machine... They're terrible. You will not regret the KA
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:46   #22
Madrigal

x.x so many different opinions. I am keeping the KA in mind, but back to my original question: Which of the s-systems would be better? The Dboys full metal, or the JG?
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:48   #23
Strelok

Honestly, both have crippling cons.

The JG is something I have personal experience with. A friend of mine had purchased one a long while back as his first gun. The tabs went as expected, and we had looked into getting a replacement body.

They take from the TM design with those JG's. The rail unit is actually part of the upper receiver itself and retains the two halves of the receiver. So if you were to replace the body, you will have to get rid of the rail unit itself. There was a peice that changed the rear rail to fit on a regular receiver, but they're impossible to find now.

The gun will fall apart.

The Dboys 'quality' have been explained to you above.
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:48   #24
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Youll have to wait to av'ed.
I know yourbin scarborough but if you travel to army issue surplus in mississauga you can get avd there and Jaroon can prolly tell you where to grab a gandg as well he knows everything lmao.
The jg echo1 and dboys stuff is all cheap and with alot of it you may or may not run into problems fast.
My first jg m4 lasted years befor it broke my echo1 m4 (rebrand of jg) lasted maybe 5 or 10000 rounds and broke. So my 200 doller gun needed 150 bucks worth of parts and still has no semi cause the crappy jg/echo1 cutoff lever doesnt mesh well with any other gearbox besides jg/echo1 so now i need another 10 doller part and an hour tearing it all down and reasembling lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 15:52   #25
Madrigal

So, if I cannot find any guns I like better, or feel right, or cost around the same, I should go with the Dboys, and upgrade the weak parts? I really like the s-system build style, and I have a hard time using guns other than M4 bases.
Old April 15th, 2013, 16:10   #26
CR0M

the dboys is cheap enough that if you buy it, then get aged verified, and you dont like the gun, you could sell it to some noob for 3/4 of what you paid for it...

thats a risk Id take if you really like the s-system... a while back I was into the s-system look, now you got me thinking of it again! lol....

just buy it, and game it, and if something needs to be upgraded ask yourself if your better off selling it or buying the upgrades...

Last edited by CR0M; April 15th, 2013 at 16:16..
CR0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 16:17   #27
Madrigal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0M View Post
just buy it, and game it, and if something needs to be upgraded ask yourself if your better off selling it or buying the upgrades...
Yeah, that's what I am thinking of doing. I really like how solid the gun looks and feels, and how versatile the rail system makes it. If I got the JG, I would have to somehow weight the stock. With the Dboys, at least it is more balanced.
Old April 15th, 2013, 16:22   #28
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

The dboys will be a lil beter balance but as with most all m4s fhe afe a lil front heavy but once you hold it it doesnt feel extreemly front heavy cause the weight isnt all that far forward.
Go see Jaroon at army issue get av'd he will submit it the same day within the month youll likely be avd. Maybe even sooner depending when the mods update it. Youll be able to check out a bunch of stuff there too.
Its on stavebank road at hurontario and lakeshore in mississauga
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 16:22   #29
Strelok

Good luck with the gun.