Do what everone else does.
Get both.
Problem solved.
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 00:39   #17
Man Solo

Send a message via MSN to Man Solo
Best solution ever!
Make an SL8 Sniper out of the g36, and turn the p90 into a cqb beast by doing absolutley nothing!

Paying also sufficent attention to third personell.
Man Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 02:08   #18
|2enegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruface
Well, I could start by telling you about the limited amount of accessories a P90 has, and how you won't look as 1337 as everyone else who has all kinds of useless shit hanging off their gun, but that would be lame.
I can also add on the fact that the P90 RDS is not particularly good, and that if you break it, replacements are both a complete bastard to find and cost an arm and a leg (mine was over $100 + shipping, and it took me a year to find one - overseas).
Good enough?
Well, this is considering the choice limited in confimenent of production to the TR's, which you can definately put a lot of 1337 stuff on

(p.s. I also have a vested interest in the outcome of this thread, seeing as I am pretty much 98% sure that I am going to purchase a p90 TR (1.5% goes to SD6, 0.5% goes to G36c..)

"And the Lord said unto John, 'Come forth and receive eternal life.' But John came fifth and won a toaster."
|2enegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 07:35   #19
Atomic_235

I like very much the G36C from TM
It is very solid and it is nice!

- Tokyo Marui M4A1 (bought when airsofts had better times...)
- ICS M16 A3 (recently bought)

Armalites and unicorns are a good blend... fcuk I want to be age verified!
Atomic_235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 02:35   #20
ssp21

i own the p90tr and really like it, but i have always loved the look of the gun, even before it started getting used in TV shows and video games, so it was a must buy for me. my buddy has a g36 and i do find it a tad more accurate then the p90 as it has 20ish fps then the p90, but i found the p90shoots faster(i am a shitty shot and usualy miss my first few) and that helps me find the target.

i havent run the highcap for the p90, but i have been advised against it. in defense of the locaps, i have found that generaly if you get in a firefight and need to reload you are probably gonna get killed and the locaps hold around 68 rnds which is usualy enough(with the exception of surpressing fire ofcourse).

the comments about LBV's are also true, there are very few vests that hold the mags, but it can be fixed fairly easy with aome extra strapping.

overall i think the p90 is better suited for cqb and thick bush play when compared to the g36, it's pretty much comes down to what you like and what kind of look you are going for and your style of play. with its smaller size i think the p90 would make a great backup for snipers and for scouts stuck crawling through thick brush.

i know some of these point were covered above, but i wanted to put my two cents in.
ssp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 03:09   #21
jdyahoo

I would go for CA36E.....
hmmm, wait a minute, I already got one~ :innocent:
jdyahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:20   #22
Man Solo

Send a message via MSN to Man Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp21
i own the p90tr and really like it, but i have always loved the look of the gun, even before it started getting used in TV shows and video games, so it was a must buy for me. my buddy has a g36 and i do find it a tad more accurate then the p90 as it has 20ish fps then the p90, but i found the p90shoots faster(i am a shitty shot and usualy miss my first few) and that helps me find the target.

i havent run the highcap for the p90, but i have been advised against it. in defense of the locaps, i have found that generaly if you get in a firefight and need to reload you are probably gonna get killed and the locaps hold around 68 rnds which is usualy enough(with the exception of surpressing fire ofcourse).

the comments about LBV's are also true, there are very few vests that hold the mags, but it can be fixed fairly easy with aome extra strapping.

overall i think the p90 is better suited for cqb and thick bush play when compared to the g36, it's pretty much comes down to what you like and what kind of look you are going for and your style of play. with its smaller size i think the p90 would make a great backup for snipers and for scouts stuck crawling through thick brush.

i know some of these point were covered above, but i wanted to put my two cents in.
Are both guns stock? if so adjust your hop and clean your p90. It is more accurate than a g36. also, use only .25 ammo. Or better still .28 guarder bbs the work amazingly well in the p90.
If his g36 is upgraded then there may be a reason that it is more accurate.

Paying also sufficent attention to third personell.
Man Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 19:45   #23
DanQuayle

Yeah only get the g36 if you are prepared to upgrade it immediately. Stock it's solid but not that great.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
DanQuayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 19:54   #24
pokey

Send a message via MSN to pokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQuayle
Yeah only get the g36 if you are prepared to upgrade it immediately. Stock it's solid but not that great.
How so?

I'd like some reasoning for that.
pokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 20:06   #25
DanQuayle

If you've ever fired a G36 it just doesn't seem to go as far or have the groupings of other TM AEGs, especially compared to the P90. I have no scientific proof, it's just from playing.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
DanQuayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 21:59   #26
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQuayle
If you've ever fired a G36 it just doesn't seem to go as far or have the groupings of other TM AEGs, especially compared to the P90. I have no scientific proof, it's just from playing.
given they have the asme innerbarrel elngth, and very similar hop-ups, I think its just the G36 you used wasn't tuned properly.

My G36 rocks the pants off my buddie(BP's) P90, which actually used to be yours Allan, so I wouldn't make statements about one being better than the other, they all preform reasonably well stock, then change parts to meet your play style.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 22:45   #27
mcguyver

just go out and buy about 10 different guns with a shitload of mags and try them all out. it will probably only cost you about 15grand or so. then you'll know. if you don't want to do that then just go to a game and ask to try out about 10 different guns and you will know right away. but hey, the first idea really works and it's way more fun too.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion