Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Classic Army - P90 Sportline Series

:

Reviews

Old April 13th, 2009, 23:28   #16
kalnaren

Hmm. Considering the JG mags are available for cheap in country and have no issues I think I'll just stick with them.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 21:12   #17
Crunchmeister

Echo 1 mags are readily available and reasonably cheap. They feed every bit as reliably as my TM mags. And they look good too with the fake rounds. TM mags only look marginally better than the E1. So E1 for the win on mags hands down.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:30   #18
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Guinea Pig once again to test the ACM/Echo 1 P90 mags on a CA P90 (Not talking about other P90 Modes solely the CA P90)

ACM/Echo1 P90 Magazine - 68 Round

I know these magazines are practically 1/4 the price of TM P90 Magazine but I must be thorough in my testing.

Build Quality of the Magazine - 2.5/5

It appears that there seems to be some extra space within the magazine perhaps a fraction of a cm or just by mere mm of space in the magazine as I can squeeze the magazine and feel the exterior depress and it is not super rigid like a Tokyo Marui magazine.

Therefor I surmise I cannot put these magazine under heavy weight as the feel of it looks like it can snap. Even the Cheapy 130 rounders have a very hard exterior in which you cannot squeeze and feel any movement under your clenched grip

I placed these in my chest rig and went prone and heard the magazine squising in agony so I felt I cannot just plop down in prone position with these mags in my chest. The Cheapo 130 rounders did not seem to make a sound as the body was solid

Conclusion:

I highly suggest you use these magazines with any belt pouches for P90 magazines as I surmise that if you place this in your chest rig and you are a person who likes to go prone real fast expect these to wear down and break through constant pressure. With belt pouches you can ensure that when you go prone you won't squash them. Around the side of the thigh areas is perfect for quick speed and mobility

Performance and Fitment = 4/5
It appears that these mags do not fit on the CA P90 Properly (This is the CA P90 only not talking about other P90 Models). The 130 rounders fit in fine with a little force while these fit in and feed but can pop right out if you jingle it around.

The problem lies within the CA P90's magazine holder latch. I have to manual push the latch to latch onto the mag to hold it into place rather than it just automatically moving into place once the P90 mag is placed in.

Albeit it feeds 100% better than the 130 rounders the fitment will need some modification

Conclusion:

Other than that it feeds perfectly and all BBs move freely within the Mag into the gun. Though you will need some modding to the magazine in order for the CA P90 Magazine latch to properly latch onto the magazine

Final Conclusion

These Mags shoot great, feed great and exhibit no signs of malfunction like my cheapo 130 rounders. The build quality you have to be careful with its not clumsy proof, I threw it up in the air and let it drop from 8 feet onto hardwood floor and it held up so its not that bad.

If you are getting these for the Echo1 P90 they are great, if you are getting these for the CA P90 be prepared to mod the Magazine latch area.

Where I got it from >>> Styrak's Sasksoft Armoury
Whats the Price: Go to his retailer thread to check it out

Last edited by cbcsteve; April 23rd, 2009 at 03:39..
cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:28   #19
kalnaren

I agree with this. I think the issue is Echo1 uses the same external casing for their standard mags as they do for the highcap. I unscrewed and retightened all of the screws in mine and it seemed to help a bit with the creekyness and flexing.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 23rd, 2009, 18:49   #20
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Good idea, one thing I suggest don't open the 130 rounders for anyone whoever got them, once you open it up you cannot close it unless you super glue it as the screws are crap. While the Echo1 Screws are fine and no worries there

I always cringe when I do my mag test with the plastic mags throwing them in the air about 3 feet above me dropping a good 8 feet downwards. But these mags held up so I guess the only thing I have to worry about is falling on them in the forest

Also I hope my reviews are very helpful

Constructive comments on what to fix or what to add to the titles is very much appreciated! I like doing reviews for the sole purpose because I always look for reviews and find it frustrating that sometimes you just cannot find anything on it

Last edited by cbcsteve; April 23rd, 2009 at 19:01..
Old April 23rd, 2009, 19:00   #21
Crunchmeister

Just to add a bit to the Echo 1 mags - I've dropped them, stepped on them, etc and they've never broken. I suspect any fitment issues to be more due to the CA P90 than the mags. I used my mags with my E1 and a TM, and they fit just as easily and smoothly in each.

Considering the price of the E1 mags is considerably lower than TM mags, look great (although TM look better), and perform just as well, they're a winner in my book. I'll never waste my cash on TM P90 mags as long as these are available.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 20:39   #22
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Yeah the ACM/Echo 1 68 rounder P90 magazine are literally 1/4 of the price of a TM magazine which because of the price I will be getting these from now on. The body is not perfect but its not terrible.

Also I added more to my review today

Apr 23rd - Performance Test
I just found out if I ever want to increase the ROF I will need a new Gearbox or fix the internals which I have heard probably will not alleviate this problem. As I read in other review it appears out of the box that the nozzle has some problems either always sticking inwards or outwards.

Mine sticks Outwards on Full auto which is a big problem. Reason being is that if the nozzle sticks out wards too much then the BBs cannot feed in. Right now using a 8.4v Nimh battery but I tried my Lipo on it and the ROF is insane but its so fast that the BBs are not feeding in because the Nozzle is stuck forward causing the BBs not to drop in the loader. So that leaves a bitter taste as I remember when I had my TM P90 and tried it with a Lipo is cycled well AND Echo1 can also take Lipos and feed properly too.

Also upon further inspection the hop-up is not that strong at all. When you turn it you either have to turn it all the way up to actually see a difference if you turn it up a little there is no hop. With the TM P90 I notice only minimal movement of the hop up will suffice while the CA P90 needs a lot of adjustment. And I have not even plinked that much to wear it down either!

In conclusion CA P90 if you want a good upgrade platform Echo1 or TM P90 may be better. Don't get me wrong the CA P90 is fine the way it is but if you want crazy ROF then you may have to fix up that loading nozzle or look elsewhere.

Last edited by cbcsteve; April 23rd, 2009 at 20:41..
Old April 25th, 2009, 17:24   #23
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
Mine sticks Outwards on Full auto which is a big problem. Reason being is that if the nozzle sticks out wards too much then the BBs cannot feed in. Right now using a 8.4v Nimh battery but I tried my Lipo on it and the ROF is insane but its so fast that the BBs are not feeding in because the Nozzle is stuck forward causing the BBs not to drop in the loader. So that leaves a bitter taste as I remember when I had my TM P90 and tried it with a Lipo is cycled well AND Echo1 can also take Lipos and feed properly too.
You probably just need a sector clip to delay the nozzle. The BB's dont have enough time to get into the hopup chamber before another cycle happens. This occurs with more powerful batteries and higher rates of fire.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:04   #24
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Performance Test - Outdoor Gaming

Apr 25th 2009 - FTF Outdoor Field (Owner = Brian McIlymoyle (TTAC3))

Body is all aching sore but my arms are fine. The P90 was lightweight and great to carry around and maneuver. Although I was outranged by the longer M14, M4s and FAL's. The thick branches and leaves everywhere provided a lot of cover for me to run around crazy like I usually do. And the only way to peg people is getting in close if I had to estimate I would say within 70 feet was a sure shot kill.

I always had the feeling of being out ranged as my shots continuously curved on 0.20g then I switched to .28g and it curved less but the AEG's with 363mm and longer can peg me no problem past 70 feet.

If theres one thing I would change would be to put on a longer inner barrel if I were going outdoors or just keep this as a CQB gun

Last edited by cbcsteve; April 26th, 2009 at 12:44..
Old April 26th, 2009, 18:32   #25
Scopedog

You could either throw on a silencer and use a longer inner barrel, or you could go with Madbull's new P90 extended barrel, same as the civilian version of the P90. The Madbull option depends on how different the CA is versus the Echo 1 (what the MB has been designed for). With either option a 363mm M4 inner should do the trick.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...roducts_id=195
Old April 26th, 2009, 19:29   #26
CJay

guys u can get the KS P90 mags which are clones of the TM ones (and good ones at that) from ehobby - ok its a lottery getting them in but i got 2 shipments of 4 mags in without even being checked out by customs ...go figure lol
CJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 20:08   #27
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
guys u can get the KS P90 mags which are clones of the TM ones (and good ones at that) from ehobby - ok its a lottery getting them in but i got 2 shipments of 4 mags in without even being checked out by customs ...go figure lol
It's not a lottery -it's illegal. As far as CBSA is concerned, there's no difference between ordering them and an AEG. You're still importing prohibited items, and you will eventually get caught.

I'd rather spend the $28 on the JG ones from a retailer here in Canada that already has them.

Quote:
Old April 26th, 2009, 21:25   #28
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

One thing should be noted, nothing can really get past Ontario Customs even a mechbox with a trigger is seized for a bit, inspected by the new guys then past to the vets and then the vets clear it for you as they know that its not a "lower receiver"

As for the KS mags I believe they are the same as the JG mags which are pretty much the Echo1 mags which may be the same as ACM. When Made in China you get confused which originated from where and who. But yeah I know what you mean CJay they are cheap. But getting them from Styrak Armouries is still pretty cheap considering USD conversion and HK shipping, though best to check it out for his stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopedog View Post
You could either throw on a silencer and use a longer inner barrel, or you could go with Madbull's new P90 extended barrel, same as the civilian version of the P90. The Madbull option depends on how different the CA is versus the Echo 1 (what the MB has been designed for). With either option a 363mm M4 inner should do the trick.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...roducts_id=195
Thanks scopedog hopefully I can fit that onto the CA P90, the front barrel seems a bit plasticy so I may have to replace it with a metal one. I actually did that with my old TM P90 which I regret selling but it was the TR model with a silencer so I was able to hide the 455mm AK barrel but I had problems with the BBs not shooting well even though I had the right cylinder but I am going to try the M4 Barrel maybe I'll have better luck with it. I am going to hope the M4 363mm barrel will work fine.

JG/Echo1 68rnd Update - Apr 25th 2009

Noticed that some of the mags now pop out BBs if I try to aggresively put the mag in the P90 not too sure if others have that problem but I am guessing the retention spring is not that strong, so probably could be fixed with a tiny spring. I noticed this when I was in a reloading fever while trying to take down an enemy 50 feet away and the BBs were popping out not all the BBs but one or two at a time.

Last edited by cbcsteve; April 27th, 2009 at 17:17..
Old April 27th, 2009, 19:45   #29
CJay

well pretty much the worst that will happen is u lose 55 bucks for s shipment of 3 mags - like u say its ur own choice and if u get caught - bummer lol. all im saying is if they get through - way better value - note that i had no idea p90 mags were restricted because of the bullet fakes at this point so i was totally wandering why people paid 30 bucks plus shipping for each mag but like i said now i know its a lottery so i an't bought any more :P

Last edited by CJay; April 27th, 2009 at 19:54..
CJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 21:30   #30
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
well pretty much the worst that will happen is u lose 55 bucks for s shipment of 3 mags
No, the worse that will happen is your name will go on a CBSA blacklist, and every single package shipped to your address will be subject to inspection, significant customs delays, and increased customs charges.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews