Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How to Make a Basic MOSFET Switch Unit

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 30th, 2009, 13:50   #16
DonP

DIY basic MOSFET Parts Kits now available! If you want to build one of the units described in this post, all the hard-to-find electronic parts and bits are here!

30$ (31.50 with GST) for the parts shown. Price includes shipping to anywhere in Canada.

PM me to order. I accept EMT and PayPal.

Full parts kit (same as above but with wire, connectors, dean's plugs, etc) or assembled units are still TBA.

Last edited by DonP; September 30th, 2009 at 13:53..
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 19:56   #17
Primus
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Primus
I finally got around to installing testing an assembled kit that DonP provided to see if it would work with 7.4V lipo's (sorry it took so long Don). The answer is yes, these mosfets work great with 7.4V lipo's.

Now I have to say that the kit Don sent was simply awesome. The workmanship is amazing and all the wiring had the exact length required to re-wire my SPR. Probably pure coincidence but still nice. Oh and all the parts required to do the re-wire were provided, just needed to do some basic soldering work.

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 08:38   #18
tigerclaw

Mosfet substetute

Hi, i live in Czech Rep. And they dount have that IRLB3034PBF mosfet here. Can i substetute it for anoter one?
What parametrs shold it have?
And i am using 12 cell battery pack(17V when fully charged) can i use it with this mosfet?

Thanks

If you ask whi wold i use that mutch volts, and you will ,
answer: i have two shity chinese stock motors from my AUGs, and i dount need one so i am cinda testing how far can i push it . so far so good, had this gun in few dozen fights (all day) for 1.5 years. The gun is AUG police with upgradet gears for 150m/s spring, stronger piston with full metal teth and a 130m/s spring.
And the RoF as you can gues is MADNESS some 27-32rpm dount know for shore jost compared by the sounds of guns i saw tested on youtube.
tigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:23   #19
tigerclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerclaw View Post
Hi, i live in Czech Rep. And they dount have that IRLB3034PBF mosfet here. Can i substetute it for anoter one?
What parametrs shold it have?
And i am using 12 cell battery pack(17V when fully charged) can i use it with this mosfet?

Thanks

If you ask whi wold i use that mutch volts, and you will ,
answer: i have two shity chinese stock motors from my AUGs, and i dount need one so i am cinda testing how far can i push it . so far so good, had this gun in few dozen fights (all day) for 1.5 years. The gun is AUG police with upgradet gears for 150m/s spring, stronger piston with full metal teth and a 130m/s spring.
And the RoF as you can gues is MADNESS some 27-32rpm dount know for shore jost compared by the sounds of guns i saw tested on youtube.
ups its 27-32rps
tigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:12   #20
DonP

I don't have a substitute part for you, but if you want to find one that matches the specifications the datasheet is available from the manufacturer at irf.com (International Rectfier's homepage) if you want to research it to find an alternate. (The hardware design is not mine and power design is not my area of expertise. While there surely are other parts that would work, you're on your own for them.)

Last edited by DonP; November 10th, 2009 at 10:19..
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 17:42   #21
ScooterVauto

Thanks for a great post Don.
I few local folks have asked me how hard it is to make this unit sooooo
Here ya go.
YouTube - ScooterVauto's Stove Top Work shop -- Simple Mosfet unit
Lt. Alexander Washington -(Red Tails 1944) Ret.
ScooterVauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 00:56   #22
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
I am looking to trigger a 12v source off of a 1.5-3v source. would this work for my aplication?
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications