Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Importance of being in shape for MilSim airsoft

:

General

Old August 29th, 2011, 20:37   #31
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Milsim has nothing to do with this. There are alot of people who couldn't walk across a paintball field during a skirmish without choking up a lung once they got to the other end. Off the top of my head, I could name 8 guys who are not old enough to use age as an excuse, these same guys spend so much time, money and effort on kit, then then climb a flight of stairs to the second floor of a building and need to stop for a breather and huff and puff like they ran a damned marathon. It's frankly pathetic, it's also rather insulting as they dress up and emulate special forces groups. There are a few who emulate the CF, and in the shape they're in, and the piss poor performance they give, I find it 100% insulting.

Yes, I'm in a bad mood, but that doesn't mean the kind of people I mentioned don't need to drag their ass out running or even go to a gym. That time they spend looking at and buying gear could be used for PT, something I'm convinced terrifies them, or at the very least, is treated as a 4 letter word
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 21:32   #32
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I would have to agree. Don't try to walk the walk if you can't physically walk the walk lol

I have no problem with out of shape people, but when you're signing up for a serious milsim event, make good and damn sure you're able to survive the op lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 22:40   #33
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Gato, I can't read your post. Your damn avatar is distracting. WTF!?!

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 22:44   #34
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
Pm Bean and complain, it's his fault, I can't remove it lol
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 06:22   #35
Jbone 11 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
BWahahaha!

But yeah.. well put Gato. as for Marty.... Dude! You gotta ease into it LOL! Thats a killer work out if you've just started to get back into shape and running is one of the thoughest things to get back into... and the older you are the harder it is on the body. I know... I've pulled a lot of muscles trying to run faster and harder than I should have been.

But... I do have one piece of advice. If your going to run, get a GOOD pair of runners. Go down to the Running room and tell them what your program is and they should be able to set you up with a pair of shoes that won't kill you.

Sounds basic, but Im now a believer in getting good quality runners for the type of feet and stride that a person has. Makes a massive difference. i.e. I know my runners are about finnished when I start to get shin splints again. Once I get new ones... gone

Last edited by Jbone 11 11; August 30th, 2011 at 06:24..
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 15:55   #36
Sasha

Even in regular games, fitness is a huge help. I'm quite small and quite fast, so as long as I keep my gear light, I can get almost anywhere on the field and attack from almost any angle. I also know a few people who prefer to move slowly, but who make up for it with stamina and the ability to carry quite a bit more than little old me. Both approaches work, but both require fitness.

What doesn't work is when a player can barely keep up with the team, cannot react quickly to unexpected events, has a constant childbirth face on and seems incapable of thinking of anything but putting one foot in front of the other. People like that can hold a fixed position, but in the event motion is necessary they usually have problems and often injure themselves.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General