Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft at 400 FPS. Any risk?

:

General

Old July 22nd, 2008, 22:01   #31
jameskersten

those things could happen at 300fps if close enough. Accidents happen, but if you as a player choose your shots wisely and put the safety of everyone at the top, these type of things are rare (atleast in my experience but maybe I have been lucky in seeing blood drawn only a few times).

But I can't agree more then the statement of 400fps be the limit not the goal. Up until recently our field limit was 400fps on .2 so with my ICS and my PTW I had them both shooting around 365-370fps and never did I feel I needed more.

Victoria Area Age Verifier

Last edited by jameskersten; July 22nd, 2008 at 22:03..
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 22:11   #32
mcguyver

I've seen guys bleed quite severely with stock Maruis shooting sub-300 fps. All the teeth I've seen knocked out were with stock guns (onoly 2 or 3 times). And we have been using gas M700's, PTWs and heavily upgraded AEG (450 fps) for several years now. And the most damage was done with the stock guns.

Is the hot gun or the inexperienced user? Smart money is on the user every time.

And I don't play mercy. Mercy is a sketchy rule at best, and becomes an issue of "he said/he said" over who calls it first, how close you were, etc. A BB doesn't lie. If you're close enough to call mercy, you're close enough for a 1-2 shot in the ass.

Besides, I'm an old, out-of-shape, noisy guy who doesn't crawl. If you let me sneak up on you, you deserve a shot in the ass.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 22:34   #33
Polar Nova

My M16 fires at 400 FPS, but I use it as a long range AEG/Urban sniper.

Safty first, realism always.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 22:41   #34
kalnaren

Injuries are easy to avoide. Look before you shoot. Practice good trigger discipline.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 22:51   #35
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

400fps at close range. By close, I mean reasonable gaming close range.

I guess he had his shirts rolled up.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 23:13   #36
BeAcH

Up in the great white north we dont have field limits, we all have guns that are 370-460 fps aegs, and the bolt action sniper rifles 550 fps+. Just be smart with your gun, bb placement, engagement distances.....targets are to close then use your sidearm.

If you were to play any other sport like; ice hockey, football....you where protective gear, well we all figured that airsoft is a sport so why not where protective gear also.

Our airsoft community up here is thinking about adding a new field rule where any players wantin to play with us will have to have a PAL. We think this will help people learn more about firearms safety and handling. Also this will help keep people away that would do more harm than good to the sport.....

Beach

They can have my rifle when they can pry it from my dead cold fingers
BeAcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 00:36   #37
NoGear
likes being humiliated

Fox_111's pic can be reached by using crapsoft indoors
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:37   #38
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
And I don't play mercy. Mercy is a sketchy rule at best, and becomes an issue of "he said/he said" over who calls it first, how close you were, etc. A BB doesn't lie. If you're close enough to call mercy, you're close enough for a 1-2 shot in the ass.

Besides, I'm an old, out-of-shape, noisy guy who doesn't crawl. If you let me sneak up on you, you deserve a shot in the ass.
Amen brother. Mercy rules suck for the most part. If I am comfortable with the guys I play with, I prefer to do away with them altogether.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:04   #39
Cassius

No matter the FPS in my gun, if a shot doesn't look safe for the other player then I won't take it.

It's just a game after all; the amount of people I hit means nothing to me.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 18:35   #40
Treelinesniper

I just started this past season. My first game I came out unprepared protective equpment wise, I ware desert locust ballistic googles everytime I go and personally recomment for eye protechion. My first game I only had a neck wormer and black bandana. I ran and jumped to prone, as I looked up to see Snicky Sam shooting a burst of bb's from behind birtch trees from 20-30 ft with a sniper m16(fps unknown).
I got hit square in the upper lip and one hit my k-9 tooth. the whole tooth went numb instantly. Luckly the impact was spreed over two teeth, I only chiped the tip of the fang off, hardly notice able when I asked friends to check, they saw nothing. I only notice'd hours later before going to sleep what had happioned. Dentist said it wasent worth putting a small cap on and it dosent noticeably effect my smile.
Dispite that experience I havent missed a week this summer and dont plan to until someone puts me in the ground. I ware a face quard, as well as shemagh, and would recomment not going onto fields without such precaugtions without knowing the full risks of doing so, and can take personally resonsablilty for the out come. I hold nothing against Sam, and have aquired a Ares L1A1 fully upgraded internally that shoots 420fps plus semi only. I know now why NRA crazys wont give up there rifles after using it for two games so far. I hope this helps someone avoid getting into a game without knowing what could happion. Safetly is in everyones hands, and for thought can prevent almost all accidents before they happion.
Treelinesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 20:49   #41
The Hunter

3 years old.

The Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 21:01   #42
MultipleParadox

Doesn't necessarily means the post was useless is it?

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 21:24   #43
The Hunter

Nope, just wanted to use the picture hehe.
The Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 21:34   #44
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
Hi everyone.

I'd like to have your opinion about the risk of being harmed or getting injuries during an airsoft game.

Me and my friends are using .20 bbs at 400 FPS. Some of them wear full-faces, but personnally I use a mouth and goggles.

What's your opinion on minimal engagement range for those game and the risk of getting harmed?

Ness
If you ever played with some one that runs around with a grenade launcher and just so happen you ran into him around a corner and he mercied you, TAKE IT!

400fps with.2 is nothing compared to a 204 shell fired at you at close range trust me no one will call you a pussy for taking that mercy offer.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:23   #45
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

1) I've lost two teeth, both of them to gas guns
2) I usually play at 400fps indoors, doesn't bother me at all, but we've all got full face, so it's all good.
3) I know for a solid fact that there have been no less than 2 guns WELL OVER 500fps on airsoft fields in manitoba, one incidentally and one on purpose. And dozens that have been shooting above the limit and against the rules at games.
4) Of all the guns I've heard of being over the limit (which I don't condone), the only 3 complains I've EVER heard, EVER, about a hot gun, where the accused was asked to chrono their gun, in all 3 cases, the guns were well UNDER 400fps. One was even 310fps.

You still shouldn't have a hot gun on the field anyway, but the people with hot guns are always more careful of what they shoot. But one crybaby gets hit in the tender inner thigh with a 300fps marui and all hell breaks loose lol

And +1 on the M203 at close range. I know a guy who got hit in the balls at absolute point blank with a 203 shell.

Last edited by ThunderCactus; August 23rd, 2011 at 03:25..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General