Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Agm m4 gbbr

:

Reviews

Old October 2nd, 2009, 16:08   #31
colazel

Send a message via MSN to colazel
i just broke my agm stock tube. it broke in the thread
the only replacement AGM stock stube is gunner but they are actually out of stock and they dont ship to canada.
all other replacement stock tube dont fit AGM. Do you why? it is the thread or the diameter?

http://www.saguenayairsoft.com/
colazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 17:28   #32
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Please understand that this is my own opinion and should not be taken as any sort of "final word" on the AGM M4 GBBR. I'm sure there are guys that see this as a cost affordable entryway into GBBR's. I do not feel that I'm "spoiled" by good guns and my expectations were not mis-aligned for this one. I feel that I am calling it like it is.

I posted this to another thread. Note: after sleeping on it for a night...I've decided against spending another minute/dollar on this rifle.
Thats ok, you probably got a lemon. I'm at my second AGM (using one for testing new parts), both are working great, zero wobble (actually tighter tolerence than any TM/CA iv seen/own/handle), good finish and good performance.

I spent $400 and $500 on each then another $200 on 'needed' upgrades and the rest is pure cosmetics. Beats G&P/WA/WE by a handful at price. Once upgraded, i see zero difference except the lack of trades.

Last edited by Ronan; October 2nd, 2009 at 17:31..
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 17:31   #33
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colazel View Post
i just broke my agm stock tube. it broke in the thread
the only replacement AGM stock stube is gunner but they are actually out of stock and they dont ship to canada.
all other replacement stock tube dont fit AGM. Do you why? it is the thread or the diameter?
You aren't the first that happen. The Gen1 buffer tube is weak. How did you break it?

Look on the internet AGM/Bomber/China sell replacement buffer tubes, they cost like $15 LOL

Those guys get stuff in/out weekly, ring them:
http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog...oducts_id=1743

The threads are different, you can rethread to make it fit, couple people are doing that to G&P buffer tubes.

Last edited by Ronan; October 2nd, 2009 at 17:35..
Old October 2nd, 2009, 18:07   #34
baker_Jeff

I'm $920 in to mine. Still works great with all the stock parts however .

A warning, I have five 5KU mags that all leak out of the box. Going to try and fix them, but be wary about buying these mags.

Jeff

Out of the Game 04/22/16
baker_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 18:19   #35
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I have a LOT of customers coming to me looking for replacement bolts for their AGM M4's. The stock bolts are utter CRAP, and break extremely easily.

What's worse, is that the bolt carrier is not to WA spec, so if you wanted to replace the bolt with a WA/G&P/Inokatsu/RA-Tech compatible unit, you would also have to buy the bolt carrier - in effect, you must replace it with a complete bolt assembly.

As an FYI, the complete bolt assemblies cost just a bit over $280 at the current exchange rate through my RA-Tech preorders. Taxes must also be factored in to that price, but it works out to cheaper than ordering through RA-Tech on your own. I run these orders regularly, and can get you complete internal replacements to fix up the AGM.

The RA-Tech "Magic Pin" should also be sufficient in tightening up wobble between the upper receiver and the lower.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 18:59   #36
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
I have an idea for the leaky mags problem. Once I get mine, I will test it out. I might buy a leaky mag to test out my idea, as I think it may be a rather permanent and simple fix..
Old October 2nd, 2009, 19:02   #37
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
I have a LOT of customers coming to me looking for replacement bolts for their AGM M4's. The stock bolts are utter CRAP, and break extremely easily.

What's worse, is that the bolt carrier is not to WA spec, so if you wanted to replace the bolt with a WA/G&P/Inokatsu/RA-Tech compatible unit, you would also have to buy the bolt carrier - in effect, you must replace it with a complete bolt assembly.

As an FYI, the complete bolt assemblies cost just a bit over $280 at the current exchange rate through my RA-Tech preorders. Taxes must also be factored in to that price, but it works out to cheaper than ordering through RA-Tech on your own. I run these orders regularly, and can get you complete internal replacements to fix up the AGM.

The RA-Tech "Magic Pin" should also be sufficient in tightening up wobble between the upper receiver and the lower.
You don't need to replace the bolt, just buy one of the third party nozzle. If you want the ra-tech nozzle/flute i am told by ra-tech that it should fit the AGM bolt but they recommend their entire bolt carrier system.

The chinese one is coming next month, a copy of the ra-tech one at probably half the price.

NEVER buy the magic pin, iv seen lowers break (G&P, WA and AMG) from it. I haven't seen any AGM that have any wobble, its built strong. Heck theirs less space between the upper/lower than a PTW lol
Old October 2nd, 2009, 20:13   #38
colazel

Send a message via MSN to colazel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
The chinese one is coming next month, a copy of the ra-tech one at probably half the price.
where did you get the information? a chinese NPAS?

http://www.saguenayairsoft.com/
colazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 20:50   #39
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colazel View Post
where did you get the information? a chinese NPAS?
From the Chinese God

And yes a chinese npas.

Cool huh?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 22:07   #40
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
I got handed one of these today.....complete and utter peice of garbage. I'll trade you a peice of my poo (apx 4cmx8cm) for yours. That is my only and final offer. (shipping extra)
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 22:22   #41
Ronan

Do try to keep this clean people. Go play in the trash bin unless you provide valid information.

Responding to PM's, if you haven't had an answer it's because i'm looking for the answer
Old October 3rd, 2009, 17:51   #42
kullwarrior

well right now there isn't really much choice, you could just a JDT BCG and if you're a tool expert shave off steel like the prime one to make it closer to 250g ish instead of 340g.
WA is 225g
RA-Tech is 240g

oh btw, I wouldn't trust Chinese NPAS, seeing how RA-tech isn't doing that good I could assume its worse.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 20:23   #43
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
well right now there isn't really much choice, you could just a JDT BCG and if you're a tool expert shave off steel like the prime one to make it closer to 250g ish instead of 340g.
WA is 225g
RA-Tech is 240g

oh btw, I wouldn't trust Chinese NPAS, seeing how RA-tech isn't doing that good I could assume its worse.
Why isn't the ra-tech one not doing good? I have read only positive reviews of it, not a single bad one from users using it on WA/AGM/G&P.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 22:03   #44
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Why isn't the ra-tech one not doing good? I have read only positive reviews of it, not a single bad one from users using it on WA/AGM/G&P.
Uhh... The flute valve breaks @ about 5 adjustments?
the NPAS will self reduce fps (not enough friction)
the plastic nozzle has a life of 500rounds
the plastic nozzle head found on NPAS set will break
Old October 3rd, 2009, 22:35   #45
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Uhh... The flute valve breaks @ about 5 adjustments?
the NPAS will self reduce fps (not enough friction)
the plastic nozzle has a life of 500rounds
the plastic nozzle head found on NPAS set will break
Never heard of a broken flute, its made of CNC airplane grade alu....
Their has been ONE report of a problematic flute valve that was changing fps after a dozen mags. Ra-tech changed his flute valve and that user didn't report of any other problem. I was able to fiddle with one + talk to ra-tech about it, and honestly i do see it self adjust after 2-3 games, so just re-adjust it and you are set for another 2-3 games. Theirs even a locktite made for problems like that.
Use the alu nozzle.
Use the alu nozzle.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews