TM 5.1 gas spewing

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 4th, 2010, 23:41   #31
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
I havent used it that much.. I probably filled it up 25-30 times? Ive been trying to learn more about GBB pistols throughout this entire process. In order to chamber that last round, the thin flat piece on the bottom of the loading nozzle scoops up the bb, while the actual nozzle (on the loading nozzle) positions it in place in the hop up right? If this is correct, why is it scooping up every bb in the mag except for the last one? Can it be caused by the spring?
If the BB is sitting as high as it can be in the mag then its not the mag spring. This is very interesting... does this happen no matter what parts you use?

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 23:43   #32
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
maybe his follower is busted or something...

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 23:49   #33
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
If the BB is sitting as high as it can be in the mag then its not the mag spring. This is very interesting... does this happen no matter what parts you use?
Yeah its sitting at the very top.. i dont think its nething to do with the mag, i havent changed any of its parts. The only thing I messed around with is the internals of the gun, namely hop up rubber, inner barrel, blowback housing and air nozzle. Im pretty sure I did everything right since I noted how originally TM parts were installed when i first disassembled my gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
maybe his follower is busted or something...
If I cant fix this, im going to come to you

Do you think after sanding the tip of the nozzle will address this problem? Also, i just wanted to confir, this is the part I sand right (circled in red)?

turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 23:52   #34
juicy

Hmm, interesting. Have you ever left your magazines with BB's in them overnight or something like that? That would sufficiently weaken the follower spring to the point of a failure to feed BBs from the magazine. Think WE single stack follower springs *shudders*.

I had a failure to feed issue when I was running a stock KJW KP06 with a Dyna piston installed. The position of the piston head screw inhibited the complete cycling to the rear, and would not allow the loading nozzle to cycle very much at all. Consequently, no BB's would be fed into the chamber - at least, not consistently. This, however, is a result of a different floating valve blocker/loading nozzle design that the "CO2 compatible" KJW Hi-Capa's have (from pictures I've seen, the KJW KP... uh... normal Hi-Capa has the same design). Now someone remind me, where the hell was I going with this?
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 23:53   #35
juicy

Quote:
Do you think after sanding the tip of the nozzle will address this problem? Also, i just wanted to confir, this is the part I sand right (circled in red)?

Yup, that's right. That's what I did. But wait - what hop up rubber did you use? And is it aligned properly within the hop up unit/chamber/whatever its called?
Old February 5th, 2010, 00:02   #36
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Yup, that's right. That's what I did. But wait - what hop up rubber did you use? And is it aligned properly within the hop up unit/chamber/whatever its called?
Im using the Firefly soft hop up. Yes, it is aligned, but the thing is, the last bb isnt even feeding into the last hop up, so what does the hop have anything to do? Anyways here are some pics

Old February 5th, 2010, 00:08   #37
juicy

Oh, okay. Well, it was worth a try... What about keeping BB's in your Hi-Capa mags - have you done this for extended periods of time before?

Edit: I don't know anything about Firefly hop up rubbers... The design is definitely way different than those that I've worked with. So, sorry, I don't know what to look for there. And I highly doubt that there's actually anything wrong with the rubber, like you said, lol.
Old February 5th, 2010, 00:09   #38
Slono
Slow mo.

Can your nozzle slide back and forth freely? Maybe the o-ring is making everything super tight. Try lubing the piston's onion ring.

Old February 5th, 2010, 00:25   #39
Amos

Quote:
Your rubber doesn't look like it's lined up properly.

I use almost an identicle set-up in my MEU (TK Twist, Firefly soft, lightweight BBU and SD nozzle) and I get pretty much the same problems you're getting..

I've since switched back to stock TM loading nozzle and everything's working fantastically.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 00:28   #40
turok_t

Quote:
Can your nozzle slide back and forth freely? Maybe the o-ring is making everything super tight. Try lubing the piston's onion ring.
Hey Slono, i made the following video just for you. I lubed the piston and its ring with light silicon oil

Old February 5th, 2010, 00:39   #41
turok_t

ok so i have some good news.. I sanded the edge of the AS loading nozzle a bit. I refitted the 2 halves of my hop up, and i inserted the modified air nozzle inside the hop up chamber to see how far it pushes the bb inside the chamber before installing in my gun. The air nozzle pushes the bb before the rubber nub so the bb is nice and snug inside.

When i fire my gun, bullets shoot out MOST of the time. On shots that dont shoot a bullet, it double feeds into the next shot and comes out when that bb is fired... Also, it shoots all the bb's in my mag now, but the slide doesnt catch after the last bb fired..

why are gbb pistols so difficult?

Last edited by turok_t; February 5th, 2010 at 00:42..
Old February 5th, 2010, 00:45   #42
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Hey Slono, i made the following video just for you. I lubed the piston and its ring with light silicon oil

LOL, thanks for the video. Your nozzle is working harmoniously with your blowback unit, so that's good to know. Is the BBU's screw loctited? If its loose you should screw put some thread locker on it and then screw it in so its snug.

Quote:
Im using the Firefly soft hop up. Yes, it is aligned, but the thing is, the last bb isnt even feeding into the last hop up, so what does the hop have anything to do? Anyways here are some pics

Your hop up chamber doesn't seem to be fitted together properly. Unscrew it and make sure the the hop up bucking is positioned correctly. It should be slid on to the inner barrel so that it covers the groove that goes all the way around it. The rubber notch on the outside should fit into the groove the metal plates provide. It should look like this:

Last edited by Slono; February 5th, 2010 at 01:01..
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:01   #43
turok_t

Hey Slono, yeah i fixed the hop up chamber so the 2 halves are closer to each other.. I tightened the 2 chamber screws very tightly so the 2 halves form a tighter fit when the bb is pushed in by the air nozzle. I also readjusted the hop up rubber so its more centered (tried to at least). I lined up the bottom groove of the inner barrel with the raised line in the hop up rubber. The raised rubber on the outside surface of the hop up fits nicely in the rectangular slot in the hop up chamber. After i put the 2 chamber halves together, there is just a line that separates the 2 halves.

And yes, i used some thread locker on the last 2-4 threads of the screw in my BBU before installing in my slide.

1. Now, if i use the stock TM loading nozzle, will it explode or damage the gun because my slide and everything else has been upgraded? I heard that the AS one is nice and hard so its more durable.

2. In terms of the slide catch holding the slide back when the last bb is fired, how would you guys tackle this problem? I know you guys might not have the answer, but what factors/components should i be thinking about to see if i can solve it?

3. Even though the hop up assembly seems to fit perfectly now with a better fit, how come theres a double feed?

Last edited by turok_t; February 5th, 2010 at 01:18..
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:16   #44
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Hey Slono, yeah i fixed the hop up chamber so the 2 halves are closer to each other.. I screwed on the 2 hop up chamber screws very tightly so the 2 halves form a tighter fit when the bb is pushed in by the air nozzle. I also readjusted the hop up rubber so its more centered (tried to at least). And yes, i used some thread locker on the last 2-4 threads of the screw in my BBU before installing in my slide.

1. Now, if i use the stock TM loading nozzle, will it explode or damage the gun because my slide and everything else has been upgraded? I heard that the AS one is nice and hard so its more durable.

2. In terms of the slide catch holding the slide back when the last bb is fired, how would you guys tackle this problem? I know you guys might not have the answer, but what factors/components should i be thinking about to see if i can solve it?
The TM loading nozzle should be fine because you're not running an upgraded recoil spring set for a metal slide... but I mean all stock parts are susceptible to breaking prematurely. If I was you I'd use it until it breaks (with your current set up).

Do you have any additional recoil buffers on your full length guide rod? If you have more than 1 that would be the reason why. Running 3 will stop your slide from locking altogether, and 2 might even be an issue if they're thick. If that's not an issue, then check the firing pins. Maybe they're stiff and aren't allowing your slide catch to move. You could try lubing the part where the firing pin makes contact with the end of the slide catch. I did that with an MEU I recently overhauled and it works like a charm.

Edit: If your slide catch's movements are really rough against the frame, feel free to lube that too. Use something other than silicon oil because I find that stuff is too thin, especially if you're using the Airsoft Innovations oil that comes with the adapter. White lithium grease or Teflon grease will do the job.

Last edited by Slono; February 5th, 2010 at 01:25..
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:21   #45
turok_t

Quote:
The TM loading nozzle should be fine because you're not running an upgraded recoil spring set for a metal slide... but I mean all stock parts are susceptible to breaking prematurely. If I was you I'd use it until it breaks (with your current set up).

Do you have any additional recoil buffers on your full length guide rod? If you have more than 1 that would be the reason why. Running 3 will stop your slide from locking altogether, and 2 might even be an issue if they're thick. If that's not an issue, then check the firing pins. Maybe they're stiff and aren't allowing your slide catch to move. You could try lubing the part where the firing pin makes contact with the end of the slide catch. I did that with an MEU I recently overhauled and it works like a charm.
Hey Slono, actually, i cant believe i forgot to say this, but the recoil spring and hammer spring is upgraded. Im using the Guarder 150% spring. It looks like this:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-e...a-5-1-150.html

You mentioned about recoil buffers? Hmm im not sure what that is, but i have a recoil rod, recoild spring and the bushing. They all look like this:

Do you think this is causing me problems?

Also, any ideas on the double feed issue?

Last edited by turok_t; February 5th, 2010 at 01:24..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications