Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Thoughts on MultiCam

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 15th, 2006, 11:33   #46
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I don't care if this has been posted yet, chances are it has, but I am fascinated by Multicam. Check out these pics. Thumbnails first, then open the pic and try to spot the guy in less than half a second.

http://www.multicampattern.com/IMAGES.htm

And this is what I find most intriging about Multicam:

"TAKES ON THE SHADES OF THE SURROUNDING ENVIRONMENT
The pattern is subtle enough to reflect some of the surrounding colors of the environment. It takes on an overall green appearance when under a green forest canopy and an overall tan look when in the open desert. By adapting to varying local lighting conditions, the pattern blends well in many environments, elevations, seasons, weather conditions, and times of the day. "

Anyone who knows anything about colour knows that whatever it is, it reflects the colour of light we see, and absorbs everything else. Green aborbs red, but reflects blue and yellow which our eyes pick up and tell us it's green. Multicam reflects the same light our eyes see.

My preference for were we play is cadpat (also our team uniform), hands down, but if I get the cash in the next few months, I might just pick up a SEALS Multicam smock to wear around, and I'd like Multicam for the occasional time we play in Rawdon (desert team) for a bit more blend for us wearing desert camo in the woods. I felt naked there last year wearing arid cadpat, didn't like standing out like that.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:11   #47
bay ghost

bay ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 20:20   #48
quikstrike

Send a message via MSN to quikstrike
I'm sick of all the fighting!

I say... Bunny wins.
Old April 15th, 2006, 13:48   #49
Brak

Amazing visual comparison

I have wanted Multicam from drop zone for awhile now but that is an absolute seller. Impressive comparison thanks.
Brak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 14:46   #50
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Picture I had taken (for Droc, since he wanted to be the first on the team to get Multicam) when I got my Dropzone Recce Smock and HSGI ball cap. Dropzone's manufacture is unGodly in design, attention to detail and construction!

Old April 15th, 2006, 23:30   #51
SC_SY

For those of you who have both Crye and Dropzone Multicam, which one do you find to be the better of the two?
SC_SY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 19:14   #52
BORIS
Banned

See the pic above and how it looks overall green........

I got a set about a month ago and when I went into the woods to take a leak at Knob Creek for the worlds largest machinegunshoot, my wife said I would just vanish into the woods......... I just faded away

The stuff works, despite its cost, and despite what any hardcore loyalist CADPAT lover, and hater of Multicam says.
BORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 20:53   #53
pugs144

Aight, Multicam haters. Try to find the Multicam guy in the following pics.

pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 20:58   #54
R.A.T.M._JLD

Its a dead colurs, now try it in a realy green place.
Old April 17th, 2006, 22:19   #55
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
From what I've seen, here's my conclusion. Multi-Cam is a pretty decent pattern. Works in a larger variety of areas than other camo sets, but not neccesarily as well a specific set in a specific environment. It's absolutely great in dry areas, really good in half dry/half green areas like the pictures you posted Pug (still have only found the guy in the second one), and ok in really Green areas. But what I did notice on the multicam company website photos, is that multicam does 'change' quite a bit to its surroundings. At first, when I saw this picture, here , I thought I was looking at a different variety of multicam than the one here. As with any camoflauge pattern, it just depends on your suroundings. I'm considering getting a set for here, because there are times when southern Saskatchewan is really dry. With that and CADPAT, I figure I'll be able to adapt great to any setting.
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 22:25   #56
Cheesevillage

Hey Cushak I've been thinking the same thing. Let's do a Multicam order sometime.

-Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 22:55   #57
LUTNIT

I have CADPAT and was looking to get something arid (AR MARPAT or AR CADPAT) but then realized that a CADPAT and Milticam would be effective in a larger number of environments. Of course being short on cash means CADPAT only for at least a year or so, but just planning on long run. And with the fact that CADPAT is so useful in the Ottawa area and my lack of transportation to get other places means that it isnt too high of a priority.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 15:53   #58
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

At least this one that Pugs posted the link for is a bit easier than pics 1 and 3!

Old April 18th, 2006, 15:57   #59
Farmboy

Quote:
Of course being short on cash means CADPAT only for at least a year or so, but just planning on long run
We do layaway if needed

It's an option for the Multicam Drop Zone clothing we carry, as well as the Multicam HSGI gear we carry

Exclusive Canadian Distributor for Blue Force Gear, Knights Armament, Rainier Arms, High Ground, Battle Comp, Multitasker and more!

http://oneshottactical.com/

One Shot Tactical Inc.
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 20:38   #60
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Always pick the right tool for the job...that's what my mom taught me...
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion