Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review: Jing Gong G36C

:

Reviews

Old October 22nd, 2007, 23:15   #46
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Those are pretty nifty, and well adult supervised airsoft now, their on the good road to being great mature airsofters when their older. Love the red vs blue idea.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 17:03   #47
Danke

Got tired of the battery slithering around as the handguard slides on. A bit of sticky back velcro and it stays in the right area. Don't put it to close to the muzzle end or the grip will bind.

Last edited by Danke; November 3rd, 2007 at 14:22..
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 06:31   #48
Dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Got tired of the battery slithering around as the handguard slides on. A bit of sticky back velcro and it stays in the right area. Don't put it to close to the muzzle end or the grip will bind.

Hey Danke,
You said you got yours JG G36C at 007 Airsoft right?
Did it come with the orange tip? does it have original trademarks on it like the TM ones and the real steel ones?

By the way, in what part of Canada are you located and how much did 007 airsoft charged you for shipping?
tahnks
Dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:47   #49
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dao View Post
Hey Danke,
You said you got yours JG G36C at 007 Airsoft right?
Did it come with the orange tip? does it have original trademarks on it like the TM ones and the real steel ones?

By the way, in what part of Canada are you located and how much did 007 airsoft charged you for shipping?
tahnks
It came from 007. It came with an orange barrel condom that slips over the flash hider (also manual, BBs, batterty, charger, and cleaning rod). No trademarks at all, just the selector switch markings.

I'm in the middle of BC but I picked it up from Ken on a trip to Calgary. I handled it back to back with the TM version and cound't tell a massive difference in the 2 with my ditch digger hands.
Old November 25th, 2007, 15:13   #50
szetor

Quote:

cool, i never thought of velcro... thanks for the idea!
szetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 16:41   #51
Dao

Quote:
It came from 007. It came with an orange barrel condom that slips over the flash hider (also manual, BBs, batterty, charger, and cleaning rod). No trademarks at all, just the selector switch markings.

I'm in the middle of BC but I picked it up from Ken on a trip to Calgary. I handled it back to back with the TM version and cound't tell a massive difference in the 2 with my ditch digger hands.
When you say it came with the orange barrel condom that is just the cover you can easily take off, and not the permanent orange tip like the one in shown in speedjunkiesracing post or like the ones sold in the US right?
What i mean is that the actual flash hider is not permanently painted orange like the ones in the US, right?
thx
Dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 18:31   #52
Mr. G36!

Location: Beautiful Thunder Bay, where dreams become nightmares!
I got my hands on the JG G36C today, so I was able to compare it directly to my TM G36C. The TM gun seems to weight a little more, and it feels a little more sturdy, but that aside, the only big difference was the lack of trades. There were a few obvious seam-lines when compared to the TM, but nothing major. One note-worthy item is the colours. On the TM G36C, the charging handle, ejection port cover, and bolt-release (I believe it is) are all a light grey, whereas these pieces are black on the JG. Also, the fire indicator icons on the JG are more orange than red, as they are on the TM G36C.

Performance-wise, it shoots hard, fast, and accurately, and if you're into the high-caps, you can't go wrong, since they're standard with JG. The JG magazines and TM magazines will also clip together without issue. I did notice that the JG's stock swivel was much stiffer than mine, but it was brand new and had never been used, so I can't say whether it is more stable than the TM's, or if mine was just loose from being used.

Overall, I'd recommend it, especially for the $400 price-tag vs. TM's $600 G36C. I still like the TM better, but if price is a factor, the JG won't disappoint, as long as the small details aren't important to you.

Great gun!

Last edited by Mr. G36!; November 25th, 2007 at 20:52..
Mr. G36! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 18:33   #53
Syn

yikes, JG G36c $400. It should not cost that much. I just put in a few parts and will be getting a few more including mosfet soon. Overall happy with it. Fun gun.

Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 20:53   #54
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dao View Post
When you say it came with the orange barrel condom that is just the cover you can easily take off, and not the permanent orange tip like the one in shown in speedjunkiesracing post or like the ones sold in the US right?
What i mean is that the actual flash hider is not permanently painted orange like the ones in the US, right?
thx
Right, no painted muzzle, just an orange safety cover to be used during storage.
Old November 29th, 2007, 10:44   #55
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
A bit off topic, but
HOLY SHIT.
JG (I think, as Echo1 primarily rebrands their guns) has just come up with THIS.

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php

A MINIGUN.
Click the link for a video.

A 400fps affordable minigun? I think SO, JG or not.
Old November 29th, 2007, 10:53   #56
Syn

WTF I would like to show up to a CQB with that. All it needs is optional flamethower and shoulder tank.
I love JG even more over time. looks funny with all the red tips.

and Danke thanks for the velcro tip. I'm going to pop in a 9.6v battery after then rest of the upgrades. I'll let you guys know how it goes if you want and thinking of putting in Gandolfs 2008 mini computer for the 3 round burst, after I take out the mosfet I'm having put in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Angry Potato View Post
A bit off topic, but
HOLY SHIT.
JG (I think, as Echo1 primarily rebrands their guns) has just come up with THIS.

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php

A MINIGUN.
Click the link for a video.

A 400fps affordable minigun? I think SO, JG or not.

Last edited by Syn; November 29th, 2007 at 11:02..
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:40   #57
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
I’ve received quite a few requests via emails and PMs on Airsoft Canada for an update on my friend’s JG G36C and since about a year has passed, I figure it’s time to take a look at the gun again. Please keep in mind though that the gun is not stock and had installed metal bushings right from day one.

The JG G36C has seen ~30 outdoor games, my teammate is not easy on her gun and despite going all out when playing cosmetically the AEG is in excellent condition. The high wear parts (like the pistol grip and handguard) have gotten a bit glossy but no more so than TM AEGs. I was rather surprised to see that the fire selector markings were still near mint and clearly visible on both sides. The 8.4V 1100mAh battery still keeps a full charge and has been the only battery used with the gun throughout the year.

I figure there would be a couple of issues with the gun and I was right (even though I was reassured that the gun was operating properly). Upon plugging the battery in and installing it into the fore grip, I pulled the trigger and with the gun set to semi, there was nothing. On full auto the gun fired just fine and the response was quick but on semi there was nothing. I planned to open up the mechbox to inspect the parts anyway and now I get to diagnose a problem yay…

After taking out the mechbox, I noticed that the inner barrel was not secured to the outer barrel. Taking the whole assembly out of the body, I noticed that one of the tabs that holds the hopup unit and inner barrel to the outer barrel was broken and on the other side the outer barrel section that secures the hopup unit in place broke clean as well. G36 users know though that this is not too big a deal and the gun can operate without any issues. Working on a few other G36 guns, I noticed this happens to TM and CA models too.

The mechbox and the internal components were in excellent condition and there was little wear on any of the moving parts. Pictures say more than words can so click the thumbnails to get higher resolution images. I’m not sure what the problem with the gun was but after rebuilding the mechbox the JG G36C had no problems firing in semi.

Putting the gun back together, I loaded a mag with 0.2g BBs and it’s time to chrony the thing. According to my Guarder Speeder 2000, after 30 games and unknown thousands of rounds the JG G36C comes in firing at 355 fps on average. That’s 10-15 fps lower than when the gun was new but springs do lose power when they’re used.

There you have it, after a year’s worth of use the JG G36C is still functioning quite well. Yes there were a few problems here and there but it was nothing that a good gun doc couldn’t fix.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 20:40   #58
Stone Evil

Nice follow up. I have the same gun with the mods listed in my signature.
JG G36C ( Deep Fire SS 6.02mm High Accuracy Inner Barrel , Modify Bearing Spring Guide, Guarder steel bushing set , Systema polycarbonate piston, Guarder Steel Flat Reinforced Gears, Modify Air Seal Nozzle, Modify Enhanced Cylinder Head, Modify Polycarbonate Bearing Piston Head,
Intellect 8.4v 1400mah )
Stone Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 22:39   #59
Qlong
Division

Hey Colin, did that G36 run on a 120 spring?

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 23:07   #60
ShaWdowS

Send a message via MSN to ShaWdowS
Dumb Question: TM low-caps/CA low-caps fit in the JG G36 right?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews