Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR/HK416 - Technical Summary Thread

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 21st, 2009, 11:13   #61
m102404
Tys

My "smushed" nozzle worked great right up until it didn't. In places, it's not too far from being snapped off.

I've made my own bushings & float valves. They work. But they can't be easily fine tuned. You basically are taking a rough conservative shot in the dark, then disassembling it and guessing at how much to take off. With multiple retries, it can be set...but it's a pain in the ass.

Good luck with your search!

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:11   #62
Karma_

My M4 won't fire on full auto anymore. It shoots great in semi but on full it will either just slide the bolt forward or vent out the gas. Will this be the same as the SCAR issue posted before? I don't see anything broken so any ideas will be helpful.

Also, Prime makes an ambi mag release for the PTW and WA, do any of you have any idea if it would work in the WE? I don't see why it wouldn't.
EDIT: So I took my mag release off my PTW to see if it will work in my WE and it does so there you go. For those other lefties out there, here's an option. Now we need an ambi selector.

The cost of being legit is high

Last edited by Karma_; October 31st, 2009 at 14:10..
Karma_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:30   #63
m102404
Tys

If you pop out your bolt on your M4...where is the white plastic chunk that holds the piston centered? Is it all the way at the back...or has it slipped forward.

If it's slipped forward...the hammer might be clipping it as it drops forward. If it slips forward more you'll loose semi as well.

If that's the case, push it back and things should work as normal...if it doesn't then there is something else wrong.
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:43   #64
Karma_

Are you talking about the stabilizer? It's all the way back

The cost of being legit is high

Last edited by Karma_; November 3rd, 2009 at 11:43..
Karma_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 12:20   #65
BORDENSNIPER

how about we make a Replacement parts list for both m4's and SCAR's, to make it easier on everyone, and, were to buy those parts.

so far for the SCAR seems like the following are the problems:
- Firing Pin > REPLACEMENT PMC Reinforced Firing Pin (were to buy one?)
- Part # 66 http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main...oducts_id=1605
- rod housing http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main...oducts_id=1604
- back plate/hinge plate (is there a reinforced version?)
- firing pin? were to buy one?

also, seems like a few select ppl have their triggers snapped off...anyone know of after market cnc triggers or trigger replacements (for the scar)?

so far, seems liek the SCAR is more reliable than the m4 series gbb's

Last edited by BORDENSNIPER; November 3rd, 2009 at 12:25..
BORDENSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 23:04   #66
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Okay wtf.
I seem to shoot the SCAR today and wtf. WTF.. WTF? WTF?!
Everything I checked was not broken part 66. So what the heck seems to be the problem?
Valve striker plate thing is fine, everything else is fine, it shoots once in auto and stops.
Semi works excellent like always. I switch it to full auto and shoots once and done. BUT it's still cocked.. :S HUHHH?!

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 07:10   #67
m102404
Tys

To my understanding, if part #66 is broken/worn, it will simply not trip the return of the valve knocker....which would cause the mag to vent it's gas.

It would do that both on semi and full auto.

Lanny, it sounds like the plate that holds the hammer back isn't catching.

Tys
Old November 8th, 2009, 20:00   #68
BORDENSNIPER

WE is the problem.
BORDENSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 20:18   #69
KEVORKIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORDENSNIPER View Post
WE is the problem.
I disagree...my current SCAR set-ups have not failed me yet! No broken parts, no leaks, no cracks...NO NOTHING!
If you plan on using/abusing the WE SCAR in it's stock form then you can expect things to break and fast! If guys would take some time, do some research and order up the necessary aftermarket upgrades then breakdowns would be few & far between!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 07:19   #70
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORDENSNIPER View Post
WE is the problem.
I don't mind differing opinions posted to this thread....I welcome them in fact. This isn't meant to be a WETTI/AWSS love-in fest.

BUT...please do post without elaborating at least a bit on your statement(s).

More on Lanny's SCAR....he has the clear lower version (painted black).

The one immediate thing I noticed was how "loose/wobbly" the lower seemed to be when compared to the reinforced fiber plastic of the "real" ones. Not necessarily a lot of up/down movement, but rather side/side and tilt play at the font pin.

The internals were (at a glance) the same...and seem to be secure.

(PURE SPECULATION)....maybe the molds of the clear lowers is off a bit.
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:04   #71
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Found the problem. It's the rear spring that was loose as hell and moved from side to side. The long arm of it didn't connect to the trigger which made the trigger no use for auto. Looks like it's working so far.. need to find a washer or spacer to prevent the spring from going side to side from constant burst.
I fixed the problem with the looseness. I made my own gasket.
I don't think it was the body though..

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:03   #72
m102404
Tys

Glad to hear you got it going again Lanny.

I'll take a look at my stuff and see if there's side to side play with the spring as you describe. Hasn't been an issue yet...and they've got 1000's of rounds down them so far.

On another note...Todd (WarChild7, owner of The War Store) posted THIS. A lot of the NYAL guys have been breaking/wearing out their knocker reset/delay/whatever unit...it's part #66.

As a fix for this part, Todd's group has been making runs of Part #66 in CNC Tool Steel (I think it's called Uber Part #66 on his site). I have three of them so far...one for a SCAR, one for my M4 and one spare for whatever comes along later.

They are extremely nicely made pieces. Very uniform (although you'd kind of expect that with CNC...it shows that they've got their setup right and the parts are coming out on spec).

I can manually mill steel...but I'd really not want to make this piece...at the price he's selling it for, it's a great value.

Tys
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:40   #73
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
I still haven't ben able to find a valve knocker
Evike sells the assembly, but claims that it is for M4 only and not for the SCAR
My nozzle is probably also on the way out
tys what site did you get your replacement SCAR nozzle from?
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:52   #74
m102404
Tys

Depending on the piece...it might be just as easy to cut/file one out of a scrap of steel. IIRC, it's not that fancy a piece...especially if you have the original piece to copy.

I haven't mic'd the specs for comparison...but they looked pretty similar between the scar and the M4 to me.

The RATech NPAS nozzles were from RATech. I know for a fact that the SCAR nozzle works in the M4 if you have the right chamber....cause that's how I've got mine setup right now.

The M4 rifle came with 2 stock "old M4" stainless steel nozzles/pistons (the guy didn't specify, I didn't ask)....don't know if they always come like that, but that's how I got it. I bought a "new M4" version, which is like the scar's from airsoft global (fast shipping). A buddy of mine got one for me from a place in BC (he didn't say, I didn't ask).

Best of luck getting yours fixed up...don't know how you mangle things so quickly.

Tys
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:26   #75
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
cause when im not doing anything i pump thousands of rounds into a pumpkin in my back yard O.o
hey my TM hicapa Xtreme has fired probably twice the shots of the WE and not a hiccup from it, so dont blame me lol
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications