Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM 5.1 gas spewing

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 5th, 2010, 16:43   #61
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
Take it to a gun doc, I think that'd be the easier route. As nice as it is to try to figure out everything yourself, having someone experienced work on it and show you what was wrong may be a lot easier.
Agreed. There comes a point where fiddling is just a waste of time, and I think you're getting really close to it. Seeing as you really do want to learn - ask the gun doc if you can sit with him to watch the process of diagnosing what was done wrong and adjustments made.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 19:36   #62
turok_t

You know what, i think i have finally fixed it... im using the TM hop up rubber + my AS air nozzle now and i just refitted everything together. The reason why there was that "pout" in the lip of the firefly hop up before was because it was too long and didnt fit nicely in the groove of the chamber. So instead, im using the original hop up instead. In terms of the slide catch, i still dont know, but its working now.. i was trying to understand how the slide catch work and i just put some grease on it and doing some praying as well. but its working now.. thank god.. hopefully it doesnt mess up on me again
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 20:22   #63
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
You know what, i think i have finally fixed it... im using the TM hop up rubber + my AS air nozzle now and i just refitted everything together. The reason why there was that "pout" in the lip of the firefly hop up before was because it was too long and didnt fit nicely in the groove of the chamber. So instead, im using the original hop up instead. In terms of the slide catch, i still dont know, but its working now.. i was trying to understand how the slide catch work and i just put some grease on it and doing some praying as well. but its working now.. thank god.. hopefully it doesnt mess up on me again
Are you sure it was too long? It doesn't make sense that so many other people use it and it works fine. I haven't checked mine yet, but I think mine is fine too. Maybe it wasn't seated properly on the barrel... but that probably isn't it since I trust that you know at least that much that you'd seat it properly.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 20:35   #64
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Are you sure it was too long? It doesn't make sense that so many other people use it and it works fine. I haven't checked mine yet, but I think mine is fine too. Maybe it wasn't seated properly on the barrel... but that probably isn't it since I trust that you know at least that much that you'd seat it properly.
Yeah, i know.. it seems kinda funny that so many ppl use it and it doesnt work for me. I compared it with the regular TM hop up and its slightly longer and more soft so thats why when i fastened the 2 chamber screws, the bottom of the hop up was "pouting" and not forming a nice circle. Maybe mine is a defect, but im not sure. Right now, my gun is working fine- no misfeds, no bb dropping out, no gas spewing, and the slide catch is working. Here are the internals:

1. TM stock hop up rubber
2. Tanio Koba Twist
3. Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle
4. CNC lightweight BBU
5. Guarder 150% recoil spring + hammer spring

So right now, everything seems to be fine.. I might order another firefly soft hop up if the hop up gives significant improvements. I've also got some more external parts coming overseas: grip, outer barrel, ambidextorous safety, grip safety. I hope these externals wont cause problems..

Last edited by turok_t; February 5th, 2010 at 20:50..
Old February 5th, 2010, 20:45   #65
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

It doesn't form a circle cause you got to push that part that pops up, in. Basically it's not sitting the the hop up groove.

From the pictures, just get a small flat head screw driver, push in the bottom. Push towards it, not down.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 00:32   #66
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Yeah, i know.. it seems kinda funny that so many ppl use it and it doesnt work for me. I compared it with the regular TM hop up and its slightly longer and more soft so thats why when i fastened the 2 chamber screws, the bottom of the hop up was "pouting" and not forming a nice circle. Maybe mine is a defect, but im not sure. Right now, my gun is working fine- no misfeds, no bb dropping out, no gas spewing, and the slide catch is working. Here are the internals:

1. TM stock hop up rubber
2. Tanio Koba Twist
3. Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle
4. CNC lightweight BBU
5. Guarder 150% recoil spring + hammer spring

So right now, everything seems to be fine.. I might order another firefly soft hop up if the hop up gives significant improvements. I've also got some more external parts coming overseas: grip, outer barrel, ambidextorous safety, grip safety. I hope these externals wont cause problems..
Your internals are exactly like mine. And do what Mr. Hitman says, stuff the hop up rubber in. I had to do that.

Old February 6th, 2010, 01:32   #67
turok_t

Yeah, now that i think about it, i think the main problem came from the hop up/chamber.. i have another firefly hop up on the way.. But thanks for all your help guys, especially you Slono.. I appreciate it alot.. I know im still a newb so im grateful for any assistance I can get..
Old February 6th, 2010, 01:47   #68
Slono
Slow mo.

I wasn't much help really, but I enjoy trying to help. I'm still learning too. These things don't come naturally to me so its beneficial for both of us to talk about it.

Old February 6th, 2010, 03:32   #69
turok_t

Trust me, when i encounter more problems, i will update this post... so everyone can learn at the same time.. im hoping i wont encounter problems, but motivates us to learn..
Old February 6th, 2010, 03:34   #70
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Trust me, when i encounter more problems, i will update this post... so everyone can learn at the same time.. im hoping i wont encounter problems, but motivates us to learn..
The next step for me is to get a chrony, otherwise I will never know how good my setup is, haha.

Old February 6th, 2010, 04:56   #71
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
The next step for me is to get a chrony, otherwise I will never know how good my setup is, haha.
But muzzle velocity isn't everything!!!
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 14:49   #72
turok_t

I have a quick question. After I insert a loaded magazine into my gun, i can manually cock back the hammer. When I fire, is a bb supposed to fire out? For me, a bb only fires out when i pull the slide back after inserting a magazine.
Old February 6th, 2010, 15:51   #73
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
I have a quick question. After I insert a loaded magazine into my gun, i can manually cock back the hammer. When I fire, is a bb supposed to fire out? For me, a bb only fires out when i pull the slide back after inserting a magazine.
No, no BB is supposed to come out if you just cock the hammer. Remember, the BBs chamber only when the loading nozzle scoops it up. So if you just cock it, you're readying the pistol to fire, but there's no BB to be fired.

Here's a thread created by yours truly a little while ago:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...highlight=Rack

Old February 6th, 2010, 16:50   #74
turok_t

oh thanks Slono, glad to know my gun is normal. Also, do most ppl put their hop up to the max setting? I realized that i need to keep it at max to prevent the bb from dropping out, but im worried that if its set too high, then the bb will spin up.
Old February 6th, 2010, 18:11   #75
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
oh thanks Slono, glad to know my gun is normal. Also, do most ppl put their hop up to the max setting? I realized that i need to keep it at max to prevent the bb from dropping out, but im worried that if its set too high, then the bb will spin up.
Depends on the hop up rubber. Honestly, bring your pistol to a gun doc, they'll tune it properly.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications