Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 7th, 2011, 09:45   #856
intinerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by simohayha View Post
@death2000:below is the PM from intinerious, i edit it a bit but all the important info is there.
Btw, all the info I've wrote for simohayha are collected from my own experience, this thread and other forums. Most of the info I told simohayha are actually from Illusion so thanks again for your help!

When I say perfect air seal with the nine ball parts, it's all based on theory as to how the parts are meant to work. So they may NOT be the perfect combo for utilising the gas from the mag but so far it works very well for my MEU.

Also, I've read on another forum that ProG4's the OEM for Airsoft Surgeon parts. Looking at ProG4's selection of hammer sets for hi capas and at redwolf's airsoft surgeon hammer sets; they look identical, plus ProG4s cheaper so it does seem like ProG4's the OEM for AS. However, I'm not 100% sure so please don't quote me on that.
intinerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:28   #857
xl1

Quote:
shooters design make the standard chekered one, im not 100% sure but i think ppl also use it as "base" for other custom project using soldering iron etc.
yeah i know some people do that, i try to do it once but at the end i mess up everything ....looks like i have no choice to stick with TM base grip.

This kind of grip i would like to have....(dreaming)

xl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:45   #858
Slono
Slow mo.

I've already made a replica of that infinity. Its the best I could do with the resources I had available, and the skills I had to create those custom grips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9190642.JPG (785.4 KB, 47 views)

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited by Slono; February 8th, 2011 at 01:49..
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:43   #859
xl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
I've already made a replica of that infinity. Its the best I could do with the resources I had available, and the skills I had to create those custom grips.
wow, its sooo cool!! you're very talented!, where did you get those grip tape? is the real SVI grip tape can be use in TM grip?
xl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:03   #860
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Real grip tape can be used.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:40   #861
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Hey, I'm having a hard time deciding which Swat custom kit I should get... PGC or Nova?
and Why?

Something tells me I should get Nova...lol
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:49   #862
spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Hey, I'm having a hard time deciding which Swat custom kit I should get... PGC or Nova?
and Why?

get the nova kit. Apparently it has the best fitment and is the best quality. However you will need to get all Nova controls such as nova beavertail, nova safety etc..... and they ain't cheap.
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 13:04   #863
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

o shitty... Nova controls are expensive... AND impossible to find.... :S

And are they compatible with other metal kits? (the nova controls)

Last edited by Gunny_McSmith; February 8th, 2011 at 13:27..
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 15:22   #864
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
To all 1911 gurus, im planning to go to HK in march, and have allways wanted to build my "dream gun"
since this is the first time in building 1911 (have build a few hi capas before), i want your opinion on these parts selection:
1. TM 1911-A1
2. TM 1911-A1 mags
3. NOVA Springfield L.A. Vickers Custom / NOVA Springfield SFA Bureau
4. Nova Trigger for Marui 1911A1 - Type 1 - Silver.or type 2
5. Nova LA Vickers Type Housing Magwell for TM 1911 (Stainless Steel)
6. Nova Slide Stop for Marui 1911A1 - Wilson Extended – Stainless
7. Nova Magazine Catch for M1911A1 - Type 1 (Checkered) - Stainless.
8. Nova Barrel Bushing for Marui 1911A1
9. Nova Grip Safety for Marui 1911A1 - SFA - Stainless.
10. Nova Safety Lock for Marui 1911A1 – Kimber (ambi) – Stainless OR King’s/ Ed Brown/Wilson thumb safety
11. Nine Ball Silver Hammer for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 (Oval Type) / PDI Delta Hammer (silver)
12. Sear and valve knocker (steel) (what brand do you recommend??)
13. Nine Ball Feather Weight Piston for TM M1911 / MEU OR 5KU CNC blowback housing
14. Nine Ball High Bullet Valve Neo for TM 1911 and Hi-Capa / Guarder High Performance Valve for Marui Hi-capa 5.1
15. Nine Ball Dyna Piston Head for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 / 4.3 / M1911A1 / P226 / G26 / G26 Advance
16. Firefly or 5KU or Action cylinder bulb
17. PDI 01 Precision Inner Barrel for MARUI M1911A1
18. Nine Ball Laylax Recoil Spring Guide & Recoil Spring for Marui M1911A1
19. Nine Ball Spring & Plunger Set for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 Stainless steel made.
20. Nine ball / Firefly hop bucking (soft/purple)

whats needed, whats not necessary, any other parts i need to buy and any other brand u recommend?
any comment is welcome, sorry for bad english im from indonesia.
thanks alot
My opinion on some of those items:

11. Avoid the Nine Ball hammers if you're running an upgraded pistol. They're made of die-cast aluminum and don't hold up well under heavy hammer springs. Even worse, if you use it with a steel sear. The harder steel sear will literally chew up the hammer hooks for breakfast. Stick with a steel hammer - ideally the same brand as the sear you get.

12. Sear and valve knocker: I'd recommend ProG4, as their factory is also the OEM for my brand as well as many other brands located in Hong Kong. Get the complete hammer sets that include the hammer, sear, valve knocker and hammer strut.

13. The Nine Ball feather weight piston is a fairly good unit. I've not had any problems with mine yet, but then again, the build I'm using mine in has had very low mileage so far. I haven't heard bad things about it from other users yet, despite being made of plastic. AVOID the 5KU product at all costs! There are may stories of it practically falling apart. I also will not support their product, as they literally ripped off my own product. Same goes for their hammer sets and slide sets - they are all knock off products built to much lower standards. BEWARE of what brand you buy these products from. 5KU's factory has been knocking off a lot of lower grade products that either do not fit well or have very poor durability.

14. I don't recommend Nine Ball valves. In all of my experiences with them, they offered NO benefit, and in some cases, performed WORSE than the stock valve. KM valves are the best in my opinion. Guarder is okay, but KM is still better. See a couple of pages back, I posted a semi-detailed comparison between various brands.

16. Firefly floating valves are real nice, but a bit pricey. If I could find them sold on their own, I'd get more of them. Action is okay, but one in five I've seen a common breakage. They're cheap enough that I would recommend you buy at least two of them, in case one breaks. They work well when they work, though. Again, AVOID 5KU!!!

What's necessary or not is subjective and up to you. The bare minimum necessity would be all Tokyo Marui parts, IMO. :P Everything else is just gravy... except 5KU. Buying 5KU is just throwing your money down the toilet and degrading the performance & durability of your gun. LOL

Quote:
and Why?

I'd get Nova over PGC. Fitment is better, finish is better, and overall, they just feel *nicer*. Nova kits also go together with less work than PGC. The downside, is the price... if you can swallow it. :P

Quote:
o shitty... Nova controls are ... impossible to find.... :S
No they're not. Contact me, I'll hook you up.

Quote:
And are they compatible with other metal kits? (the nova controls)
Yes and no. Depends on the brand of the kit, the model of the kit, and the model of the control.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:12   #865
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

haha thanskf or the info Brian.... and yeah.... took the time to look around... and they are not rare.... lol.... and jsut a few bucks more then other brand of controls... without the fitment issues!

and dont worry, I'm having a nice price for the Nova kit
Old February 8th, 2011, 23:20   #866
simohayha

Thanks brian, im Aiming at making a good looking gun that performs just as good.
About the blowback unit, which one would you recommend, the proG4/airsoft surgeon being made of cnc aluminum or the super light nine ball but plastic?
simohayha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:49   #867
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering, what part on the 5.1 Mag makes the slide lock back? I recently dropped one of my mag and broke the mag lip.

Changed it and still, the mag won't lock back when its empty.

No problem with the other mag though.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 16:40   #868
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
About the blowback unit, which one would you recommend, the proG4/airsoft surgeon being made of cnc aluminum or the super light nine ball but plastic?
Either/or. You can't go wrong with one over the other, they're just a different product. One is metal, the other is plastic. Don't forget, that by lightening the slide, you also reduce felt recoil. For that reason, some of my pistols still have the original blowback unit in it, to maintain the moving mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyso View Post
I'm wondering, what part on the 5.1 Mag makes the slide lock back? I recently dropped one of my mag and broke the mag lip.

Changed it and still, the mag won't lock back when its empty.

No problem with the other mag though.
The BB follower. There should be a little tab on the side that protrudes up the left side, pushing the slide catch up when the last BB is stripped off the magazine.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 00:41   #869
intinerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Either/or. You can't go wrong with one over the other, they're just a different product. One is metal, the other is plastic. Don't forget, that by lightening the slide, you also reduce felt recoil. For that reason, some of my pistols still have the original blowback unit in it, to maintain the moving mass.
Isn't it also the case that the aluminium ones won't allow you to fit aftermarket piston heads or something? I'm sure the Nine Ball ones do as my friend uses one himself with the dyna piston head but I'm not sure about thee aluminium ones.
intinerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:27   #870
Pungpound71

Quote:
Originally Posted by intinerious View Post
Isn't it also the case that the aluminium ones won't allow you to fit aftermarket piston heads or something? I'm sure the Nine Ball ones do as my friend uses one himself with the dyna piston head but I'm not sure about thee aluminium ones.
Yes, The aluminium ones can't fit aftermarket pistol heads but it work beautifully with Shooter Design nozzle. I'm using this combination with my own racegun since last year. Still never let me down.

PS. Change the floating valve's spring to Nineball will get better result.
Pungpound71 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications